Hello from Brookville, Ohio/ Info on take over please?

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, I'm farmtimpioneer

Hello my name is Tim, have been on here several times, posted some threads about overheating fan not coming on, have surfed info off of here for couple years now great place and people for info. Thought it might be a good idea to formally introduce myself,,, Me and the wife have been riding quite a bit in kentucky Red River Gorge area and we are getting tired of riding with RZR not that I have anything against RZR but we very rarely ever see a Pioneer, was wanting to ask a Question when and where would there be a Pioneer take over in West Virginia, Kentucky, Tenn. area I would like to keep up with that info and maybe next year that being 2020 would like to join one of the Honda Take over Groups, Thank You in advance for Your time and info!!!

Here is a little info about me to begin with!
Honda SxS ownership : Yes
I have owned, or currently own the following: UTV, ATV, Motorcycle
My off-road experience level is: Skilled
My favorite place to ride is: Kentucky, West Virginia,

IMG 20181008 141018469 IMG 20181011 125440 01 IMG 20180721 120919600

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PS where are you riding down there? wildcat is the only place I'm aware of in that general vicinity but I love that part of Kentucky!

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, I was beginning to think I was the only one in this part of Ohio that owned one of these things LOL!!! not may places to ride around here, we go to Ky. and ride quite a bit and all you see are RZR or CAN AM Thanks for all the Welcome! would like to see about organizing a ride in Ky. with Honda SXS sometime, we have been having a good time riding in Hollerwood Natural Bridge, Red River Gorge area, They have added lots of trails in Hollerwood Park,,, Thanks Again have a good day to all,,,

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
PS we also like to Ride in Harlan Ky. some nice trails and it is Beautiful down there, You haven't been to Kentucky until You have been to Harlan LOL,,,,,,,

Reactions: TimG and dnjones161
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Welcome to the group. Ohio here as well, not too terribly far from you. I would expect the Takeover announcement to be coming soon. Last year was first weekend in May. I would expect late April early May again, but I'm not in the know, just guessing.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
PS we also like to Ride in Harlan Ky. some nice trails and it is Beautiful down there, You haven't been to Kentucky until You have been to Harlan LOL,,,,,,,

I've seen some of those Harlan trails online. My grandfather is actually from Harlan originally, I'd love to go back and check it out sometime.

I've been told that if you wondered down the wrong holler you can get yourself in a world of trouble pretty quick though, so that might be a good ride to tag along with you or somebody else that knows the area :eek:

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Welcome from Putnam County, WV

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've seen some of those Harlan trails online. My grandfather is actually from Harlan originally, I'd love to go back and check it out sometime.

I've been told that if you wondered down the wrong holler you can get yourself in a world of trouble pretty quick though, so that might be a good ride to tag along with you or somebody else that knows the area :eek:

My Mom was from Harlan and I have been going down there off and on my whole life, the Black Mountain off road trails are fairly big they run between two towns Putney Ky. at the Harlan Co. camp ground, (is where we stay, there is a trail head there) and it runs to Evarts Ky. You can ride in town also, all of the trails are marked well and they have every skill level you can imagine, for the most part the people are very nice as long as You respect them and you are not there to cause them trouble They are glad to see You because that has become a source of income in that area not much work there limited coal mines and such, We always have a good time when we are down there and Yes it is a good idea to ride with someone when You go maybe sometime we could organize a group to go. Thanks,,,

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
My Mom was from Harlan and I have been going down there off and on my whole life, the Black Mountain off road trails are fairly big they run between two towns Putney Ky. at the Harlan Co. camp ground, (is where we stay, there is a trail head there) and it runs to Evarts Ky. You can ride in town also, all of the trails are marked well and they have every skill level you can imagine, for the most part the people are very nice as long as You respect them and you are not there to cause them trouble They are glad to see You because that has become a source of income in that area not much work there limited coal mines and such, We always have a good time when we are down there and Yes it is a good idea to ride with someone when You go maybe sometime we could organize a group to go. Thanks,,,

Went there probably 10 years ago with Jeeps. Great place to ride but havent been back on sxs. High on my list to go soon!

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Putnam County, WV

"Oil Country" I am familiar with that area of west Virginia, I have drug quit a few oil field engines out of that area, Me and my Brother have a collection of antique oilfield and hit and miss engines that we have restored, its been a few years but we used to go and show engines at The Oil and Gas festival in Sistersville, West Virginia Beautiful area Love it down there and lots of old history in those areas,,,, Thanks,,,

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hey to everyone on this thread.. I did some research and found some info on a ride happening in Gilbert, WV (Mingo Co.). It's the 2019 National Trailfest. I know this is a lil last minute but the dates are; Starts October 10 and ends October 14. Please checkout the links below if you're interested... Hopefully I will get the chance to meet some of yall out there...
@ProudDadOf5

2019 National Trailfest - Hatfield McCoy CVB
Home - Hatfield-McCoy Trails
TrailFest Registration - National Trailfest

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!