P1000m3 HELLO from Northeast Ohio

N

nomyth99

Aug 14, 2021
Chardon, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So…..last year when the Covid lock downs went into effect, and I had to stay home, I decided I needed a project. I have a 2005 Polaris Ranger 500, full cab, glass, heat and canvas doors. While it’s been a good SxS, things are starting to give me problems, and frankly after changing the drive belt, I decided I needed to upgrade to a SxS with out a belt and with power steering. Of course, at that time most dealers were closed because of the lock down, didn’t have inventory and weren’t sure if they were going to get any more units that year. That was in April. Finally I got hold of a Honda dealer who called the factory, found out they had a Pioneer 1000-3 in stock. I told him to order the P-3, to order the glass windshield, hard top, hard rear panel, under seat storage box, rear view mirror and a fabric door kit. I had to wait four weeks and I picked up everything the third week of May.

While I was waiting, I started reading the Honda SxS Club forums and watched every “You Tube” video on accessories and installations. I ended up ordering a 5k winch and mount, switch panel, switches, accessory fuse panel, ground bar, stinger, dual battery charger, aux battery, volt meters, turn signal kit, interior light, side view mirrors, horn, radio, speakers, antenna, trailer hitch, trailer plug, cargo bed liner, floor mats and probably some other things I’ve already forgotten. I spent the rest of the summer and fall installing everything (and cursing at after market manufacturer and vendors, sending crap back, refabing almost everything and trying to figure out where to run all of the wire.)

Long story short, all of my accessories are installed, looking good and working great. I still have some more things to buy and install: windshield wiper, snow plow, heater and probably more.

I am not really a “Do-it-yourselfer” and had very little experience doing this type of work. I really have to thank my brother, a retired mechanic and super fabricator who helped me get through all of the tough problems. I also want to thank all of the contributors to this forum because your information helped me decide what to buy; “what to do” and “what not to do” while working on this project. I’m sure I will continue to benefit from the information here and hopefully I can provide some help to others.
P.S....I've attached a couple of pics of the P-3 when I got it and after I installed everything....... also a pic of my Polaris Ranger.
ZHonda P3 Rt Front 5 20 20
ZHonda P3 Rt Frt wo Doors 8 15 21
ZHonda Pioneer Back After 8 15 2021
ZHonda P3 Rt Frt w Doors 8 15 21
ZPolaris Ranger Rr Lft

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So…..last year when the Covid lock downs went into effect, and I had to stay home, I decided I needed a project. I have a 2005 Polaris Ranger 500, full cab, glass, heat and canvas doors. While it’s been a good SxS, things are starting to give me problems, and frankly after changing the drive belt, I decided I needed to upgrade to a SxS with out a belt and with power steering. Of course, at that time most dealers were closed because of the lock down, didn’t have inventory and weren’t sure if they were going to get any more units that year. That was in April. Finally I got hold of a Honda dealer who called the factory, found out they had a Pioneer 1000-3 in stock. I told him to order the P-3, to order the glass windshield, hard top, hard rear panel, under seat storage box, rear view mirror and a fabric door kit. I had to wait four weeks and I picked up everything the third week of May.

While I was waiting, I started reading the Honda SxS Club forums and watched every “You Tube” video on accessories and installations. I ended up ordering a 5k winch and mount, switch panel, switches, accessory fuse panel, ground bar, stinger, dual battery charger, aux battery, volt meters, turn signal kit, interior light, side view mirrors, horn, radio, speakers, antenna, trailer hitch, trailer plug, cargo bed liner, floor mats and probably some other things I’ve already forgotten. I spent the rest of the summer and fall installing everything (and cursing at after market manufacturer and vendors, sending crap back, refabing almost everything and trying to figure out where to run all of the wire.)

Long story short, all of my accessories are installed, looking good and working great. I still have some more things to buy and install: windshield wiper, snow plow, heater and probably more.

I am not really a “Do-it-yourselfer” and had very little experience doing this type of work. I really have to thank my brother, a retired mechanic and super fabricator who helped me get through all of the tough problems. I also want to thank all of the contributors to this forum because your information helped me decide what to buy; “what to do” and “what not to do” while working on this project. I’m sure I will continue to benefit from the information here and hopefully I can provide some help to others.
P.S....I've attached a couple of pics of the P-3 when I got it and after I installed everything....... also a pic of my Polaris Ranger.View attachment 290051View attachment 290052View attachment 290053View attachment 290054View attachment 290055
Very nice buggies! WELCOME to the Club1

advertisement
N

nomyth99

Aug 14, 2021
Chardon, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Rayger143,

Thanks for your welcome. Since I use my machine primarily at my country property, I don't see a need for fancy tires and wheels. ( Nobody there to see 'em. Lol.) However lights are another question. I'm looking at back up and work lights right now. They will be necessary for snow plowing.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!