HELP Please!

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know this is a SxS forum but I was hoping someone might help. I just got my boys a 2021 Honda Rancher and it won't shift now. When I turn the key on the "N" does not display and a dash flashes 5 slow and 2 short. I figure its a code of some kind but I can't find it. Any help would help. This basically has ruined the day for me and the boys. I have a video but apparently 28 sec is to large to upload. I will try making it smaller.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I know this is a SxS forum but I was hoping someone might help. I just got my boys a 2021 Honda Rancher and it won't shift now. When I turn the key on the "N" does not display and a dash flashes 5 slow and 2 short. I figure its a code of some kind but I can't find it. Any help would help. This basically has ruined the day for me and the boys. I have a video but apparently 28 sec is to large to upload. I will try making it smaller.
Upload it to YouTube and paste the link here.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Idk what the code is. Hopefully someone comes along to help. Just for giggles, have you rocked it back and forth and tried to shift it? I've had them hung between gears before and it would take me a bit to get it to show a gear instead of the dash. Probably not your problem but its worth a try.

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Idk what the code is. Hopefully someone comes along to help. Just for giggles, have you rocked it back and forth and tried to shift it? I've had them hung between gears before and it would take me a bit to get it to show a gear instead of the dash. Probably not your problem but its worth a try.
Yea, I have tried moving it to get it in gear. No luck yet. Thank you for replying.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I can see if that code is listed in the P500 service manual in a little bit when I go out to the barn, I would imagine it's the same

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can see if that code is listed in the P500 service manual in a little bit when I go out to the barn, I would imagine it's the same
That would be awesome, it seems to be code 52 I think, but I haven't found any codes in the 50's

Reactions: Biteme and ChadD
advertisement
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That would be awesome, it seems to be code 52 I think, but I haven't found any codes in the 50's
Theres nothing in the 50's in the P5 service manual either. Just out of curiosity have you tried to manually shift it to see if you can get it into gear? There should be a tool somewhere on the machine for it. If you can get it into gear, see if it will start....you will have to hold the brakes.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
You might try resetting the ECM. Thats what I do with my Rancher when it gets goofy.

Hold both the up and down shift buttons in, and turn the key switch on. As soon as you see the dash come on, release the up/down buttons, and then press up – down-up. Wait a second and blip the throttle from idle to full throttle twice. This all has to be done pretty fast and you should hear a noise as it recycles. It may take a few tries.

Won’t hurt anything. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t.:rolleyes:

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Theres nothing in the 50's in the P5 service manual either. Just out of curiosity have you tried to manually shift it to see if you can get it into gear? There should be a tool somewhere on the machine for it. If you can get it into gear, see if it will start....you will have to hold the brakes.
Thank you for looking, I wonder if I am reading the flashes wrong, like you said it seems there are no codes in the 50's , I did manual manipulate the shifter but once it hit back to "N" it just started flashing again.

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You might try resetting the ECM. Thats what I do with my Rancher when it gets goofy.

Hold both the up and down shift buttons in, and turn the key switch on. As soon as you see the dash come on, release the up/down buttons, and then press up – down-up. Wait a second and blip the throttle from idle to full throttle twice. This all has to be done pretty fast and you should hear a noise as it recycles. It may take a few tries.

Awesome, I will try anything, thank you

IXInaplesIXI

IXInaplesIXI

Dec 2, 2020
South Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

It didn't help, thank you the suggestion. I was hoping to get it drivable for my kids xmas.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hope this helps

Screenshot 20201225 144022 Adobe Acrobat Screenshot 20201225 144015 Adobe Acrobat Screenshot 20201225 144007 Adobe Acrobat Screenshot 20201225 135804 Adobe Acrobat Screenshot 20201225 142449 Adobe Acrobat Screenshot 20201225 143948 Adobe Acrobat

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!