Help with 2020 x4LV

D

DrTucke022

Aug 20, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon X4
I have a 2020 x4 LV and the shock light has been on almost right after I bought it. I didnt realize that the shocks have been locked causing a rough ride. I tried installing the jumper under the seat to read codes and nothing happens, Im pretty sure it is the steering angle sensor but I dont know the procedure to reset it to try that before I buy a new one.

• Sad
Reactions: Remington and CID
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Without dealer level diagnostic equipment you can't set the center to reset the SAS.

That was the orignal issue with them, we didn't know the procedure at the dealer level and they weren't being centered from the factory either.

But it's probably gotten water in the sensor and it needs replaced, but you'll need to take it to a dealer to have it centered for it to work properly

If you do install the sensor yourself, make sure the telescoping upper steering shaft isn't seized, you might need to replace it as well.

If your near cincinnati we can get you figured out

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a 2020 x4 LV and the shock light has been on almost right after I bought it. I didnt realize that the shocks have been locked causing a rough ride. I tried installing the jumper under the seat to read codes and nothing happens, Im pretty sure it is the steering angle sensor but I dont know the procedure to reset it to try that before I buy a new one.
Welcome From Mchigan.

Sorry your having trouble. As @Hello_Darkness asked for tour location, another reason we don't put USA in your location.
Listen to him, he knows….😉
Also post up some pics of your ride as Rule#4 of the forum code says POIDH
Please and a cherry for the top.
Good luck with your issue.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can you not check and clear codes using the jumper method?
Hes a Honda technician, If says it has to be a certain way, usually thats the only way.
Its free advise😉

And dont forget to hit “reply” like above or tag someone example @DrTucke022 so they get a notice like you did or @Hello_Darkness (see I tagged him for you) ay never come back to your thread to answer your question

Reactions: CID
Blue 23 1000R

Blue 23 1000R

Apr 13, 2022
Pa
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Hmm. From the Honda Talon service manual, and described here.

STEERING ANGLE SENSOR INITIALIZATION (Except after '22)
NOTE:
• Perform this procedure using a fully charged battery. The FLV warning indicator will stay lit and the SCU will abort the process if
you use a low or dead battery.
• The OTC will be erased when initializing the steering angle sensor.
How to Initialize the Steering Angle Sensor with MCS
1. Position the front wheel at oriented straight forward.
2. Connect the MCS to the DLC (page 4-10).
3. Turn the ignition switch ON (I) and display the steering angle sensor initialization window.
NOTE:
• Do not touch the steering wheel and tires until the initialization is completed.
4. Initialize the steering angle sensor in accordance with the MCS instructions.
How to Initialize the Steering Angle Sensor without MCS
1. Position the front wheel at oriented straight forward.
2. Short the DLC using the special tool (page 4-10).
3. Press and hold the normal mode button (FLV switch) [1].
4. Turn the ignition switch ON (I).
The FL V warning indicator [2] comes on and goes off during combination
meter initialization.
Continue to hold the normal mode button (FLV switch) until the FLV
warning indicator comes on and goes off again.
5. After the FLV warning indicator [1] goes off, release the normal mode
button (FLV switch) [2].
The FL V warning indicator comes on again after 4 seconds.
(1]
[1]
6. After the FLV warning indicator [1] comes on, press the normal mode
button (FL V switch) [2] and hold it.
The FL V warning indicator goes off after 4 seconds.
7. After the FLV warning indicator [1] goes off, release the normal mode
button (FLV switch) [2].
The FLV warning indicator blinks twice. (The OTC is erased at this time.)

[2]
Blinks
twice

[1]
8. Within 5 seconds after the FLV warning indicator blinks twice, press the normal mode button (FLV switch) and hold it.
NOTE:
• Do not touch the steering wheel and tires until the initialization is completed.
9. Turn the ignition switch OFF (0) after the FLV warning indicator blinks one more time (steering angle sensor initialization is
completed at this time).
NOTE:
• If the FLV warning indicator does not blink as in step 10, an error was made in the procedure and the steering angle sensor was
not initialized. Turn the ignition switch OFF (0), and repeat the operation from step 3.
10. Remove the special tool from the DLC and connect the DLC to the dummy connector

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!