P700 HELP!

R

redinator

Sep 9, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was wiring up a led lightbar and blew something. all fuses are good including main fuse. engine will turn over but not start. dash instrument panel is dead. here is how this happened. I was going to wire my 3 gang switch board direct to accessory plug then to 12" lightbar. well, to rk and they had lightbar wire harness for $1.29. figured I might use this with my 3 gang switch panel I got. thought a relay would be nice too. switch on wire harness was cheap had it all working ok using 1 wire off harness switch to 3 gang switch.and relay powered by switch. I decided to hook relay direct to battery and wire from harness switch to accessory plug lit switch. it worked for about 20 seconds then nothing. no I cant figure out what I blew up. dumb me. need help please

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
My first reaction is to tell you to remove every wire you have added. You might still have something grounded.
Disconnect the battery.
Reconnect the battery and be watching for any tiny little spark that might indicate a short circuit. (be sure the key is in the off position)

Reactions: ohanacreek
H

HondaTech

I know you said all fuses are good, have you checked the large 40A square fuse as well?

Also I've had a couple of aftermarket light bar harnesses wired incorrectly at the relay plug before. We fought one forever blowing fuses, until we found this out.

R

redinator

Sep 9, 2018
ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
it was the only fuse I did not check. 10amp marked "fi". I did not check that one because I thought that may have been the fuel injection fuse. not the dash panel. I am eliminating the relay. 12" bar should be good to go. thanks for all your help, red

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!