P1000 He's back. New Clutches and then some!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Haha no bragging my friend. More like being humbly thankful they haven't let go yet. At this point, I wouldn't be upset if they went next time I started it lol
I think once every couple years with hard miles would be ok

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We can say that because of the low mileage units we've seen fail. In reality, that's still crappy lol. But let's not open that can of worms again lol
No not at all! I think that would be an acceptable number. Wouldn't ever want to go back to snowmobile belts either way

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealers boggle me 2 weeks for a two hour job. Sure better then I've seen for some though. I'm sorry you had problems there Jshell but hopefully you can get out and bust some ass now problem free!
I assume it's how busy they are and if parts are in hand. I seen the dealer tell a FB friend of mine to drop if off spend the night in town and it will be ready the next day. He lived like 3 hours from the dealer

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey thanks CP!

I think the 2 weeks incorporates the 1.5 weeks the SxS sits there waiting in line... ha!
Go kick ass buddy. Don't look at what happened to hold you back. Give her hell and take pics!!!

Reactions: pct
J

Jshell3

Man! Thank all of you. I hadn't checked in for 5 or so hours because I was installing some radio stuff I had ordered while BB was in the shop.

34 likes! You got me. I am so smiling right now. Thanks for the love!
I've NEVER had that many alerts at one time.

Sooo, I test rode some today.
It shifts WAY different. Like SMOOTH and quiet. I hope that's a good sign. Previously (before clutch failure), it was very clunky. The rear shift would give the gear change surprise away. (That made no sense). It was like varooom, click from the back, 1/2 sec delay, clunk gear change, RPM drop.

Now, it's like a car.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Honestly from my experience on mine softer feel hasn't proven to be the best but these things are all different and if your stuff went out that quickly and it feels differently now imo that may be a step in the right direction. I stick to what I said and go give it hell. She's back it's time to enjoy!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pct and sharp
J

Jshell3

Honestly from my experience on mine softer feel hasn't proven to be the best but these things are all different and if your stuff went out that quickly and it feels differently now imo that may be a step in the right direction. I stick to what I said and go give it hell. She's back it's time to enjoy!!
:confused: Yep

I think a lot of that has to do w/ the clutch adjustment by the technician. I could probably tweak it, but I like the smoother shifts.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:confused: Yep

I think a lot of that has to do w/ the clutch adjustment by the technician. I could probably tweak it, but I like the smoother shifts.
Sucks thinking about it after the takeover because I had an extra set of clutches it made me feel like crap we didn't fix it we should have but it's going now with techs doing the work in a good environment. :)

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sucks thinking about it after the takeover because I had an extra set of clutches it made me feel like crap we didn't fix it we should have but it's going now with techs doing the work in a good environment. :)

"GOOD ENVIRONMENT?"

I thought that you do your BEST work in the mud?!?!?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!