P500 Hi-Lift mount

S

Sledge

Yeah, the tubes look swollen in the pic, but it doesn't matter, I don't want the damage you describe, minimal as it may be so thanks for the warning.
You, Sir, have a very sharp eye!

I just measured, and the tubes are in fact .060" wider at the crush point. I'm impressed!

Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Lol Joe!

Reactions: Sledge
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, Alan. I'm going to order the neoprene cover and a handle keeper then. I think I'll order the fix-it kit too. My old jack could use a rebuild.

I'll just grind down the diameter of the knob as necessary to fit the keeper.

It's kind of a sentimental thing....the old rancher who gave me the jack welded the ball into the handle. He had a scar and a dent in his head from a hi-lift kickback, and he figured the ball made it safer. He was a good friend.

The handle in pic is just hanging loose, not secured to box; I was still working on the mount position.

I sure appreciate your help.

Joe
Like everyone else on this forum Joe, everyone here is glad to help and share their ideas for others to use or better those ideas. I have seen too many forums where people just rattle on about things that are not even the subject where this forum has great content, ideas and solutions to keep people coming back.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Here's how I just solved my Hi-Lift storage problem...

Purchased some 1 x 1.25 rectangular aluminum bar from Speedy Metals Online Industrial Metal Supply

Had to do a little belt sanding, but they slipped into the frame tubing real nice. Note, you'll have to remove the two bolts that help hold the exhaust shield in place and file down the threads that extrude into the tubing. I used some stainless wire to secure the shield. Cut the aluminum bar to 18" long each. There's about 8" into the frame tube. I used the tie wraps on the wing nuts so I don't have to worry about them coming loose on the trail. Forget to add that I coated the inside of the frame tubes with grease to keep moisture out.

DSC 1227 DSC 1228 DSC 1229 DSC 1230

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here's how I just solved my Hi-Lift storage problem...

Purchased some 1 x 1.25 rectangular aluminum bar from Speedy Metals Online Industrial Metal Supply

Had to do a little belt sanding, but they slipped into the frame tubing real nice. Note, you'll have to remove the two bolts that help hold the exhaust shield in place and file down the threads that extrude into the tubing. I used some stainless wire to secure the shield. Cut the aluminum bar to 18" long each. There's about 8" into the frame tube. I used the tie wraps on the wing nuts so I don't have to worry about them coming loose on the trail. Forget to add that I coated the inside of the frame tubes with grease to keep moisture out.

View attachment 15156 View attachment 15157 View attachment 15158 View attachment 15159
That looks really good, nice mod. I found Speedy to be expensive, but they do have everything.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Who do you normally use?
Just a local supplier. But I've had to use Speedy before. For example, my local supplier would probably have 1"X1", but not 1"x1-1/4". It wasn't a criticism of you at all, just complaint about Speedy Metals pricing. Good job on your mount.

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Just a local supplier. But I've had to use Speedy before. For example, my local supplier would probably have 1"X1", but not 1"x1-1/4". It wasn't a criticism of you at all, just complaint about Speedy Metals pricing. Good job on your mount.

None taken, just always looking for better (cheaper) sources.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!