High Pitched Noise Talon X

Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
When I turn the key from off to on, without starting the machine, I get a noise. High pitched and electrical. It comes through the speakers when the stereo is powered up but it also happens without the stereo.

What I’ve looked at so far is the fuel pump. But I can hear the fuel pump prime and shut off. Pulled the fuel pump fuse and no change. Then I pulled the fuse for the fuel injection and it quit. Put the fuse back in and the noise came back. Pulled the connectors off of the injectors and still have the noise. I have checked and cleaned all of the grounding points.

The machine runs fine but the electrical noise is driving me mad.

Reactions: Smitty335
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
but the electrical noise is driving me mad.
The lack of Pics of your machine is driving us mad! Lol.
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your first post. Sorry its not a joyful one.

you only said that you just shut the stereo off. Did you ever totally disconnect the stereo and try it? do u have any other accessories And have you tried disconnecting them?
and lastly, are your accessories including your stereo on a second battery Or just the primary?

Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
The lack of Pics of your machine is driving us mad! Lol.
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on your first post. Sorry its not a joyful one.

you only said that you just shut the stereo off. Did you ever totally disconnect the stereo and try it? do u have any other accessories And have you tried disconnecting them?
and lastly, are your accessories including your stereo on a second battery Or just the primary?
Thanks for the reply. Every thing runs on the main battery. I have disconnected everything that isn’t factory before and the noise is still there.

It seems like it is something related to the fuel system due to it quitting when I pulled the fuse for the fuel injection. I thought it may have been bad injectors shorting to ground or something of the sort. But I pulled the connectors off of both injectors with no result.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thanks for the reply. Every thing runs on the main battery. I have disconnected everything that isn’t factory before and the noise is still there.

It seems like it is something related to the fuel system due to it quitting when I pulled the fuse for the fuel injection. I thought it may have been bad injectors shorting to ground or something of the sort. But I pulled the connectors off of both injectors with no result.
There is not a separate fuse for the fuel injectors themselves. The injectors are powered along with a whole mess of other relays and valves through the ignition relay. The fuse marked "FI" is actually the main power for the engine PCM.

The PCM on these throws off all kinds of EMP's and might be interfering with the speakers directly through the speaker wires (not through the stereo itself). Disconnect the speaker wires from the speakers and try again. If it goes away, reroute the speaker wires away from the PCM and engine area.

Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
There is not a separate fuse for the fuel injectors themselves. The injectors are powered along with a whole mess of other relays and valves through the ignition relay. The fuse marked "FI" is actually the main power for the engine PCM.

The PCM on these throws off all kinds of EMP's and might be interfering with the speakers directly through the speaker wires (not through the stereo itself). Disconnect the speaker wires from the speakers and try again. If it goes away, reroute the speaker wires away from the PCM and engine area.

Thanks for the replay. I assumed that FI was fuel injection. Gaining some knowledge here.

The noise happens without any stereo equipment connected. The noise itself is something else in the unit. The stereo itself just amplifies the issue.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
The noise happens without any stereo equipment connected.
Do you mean you disconnected the stereo power leads from the battery or completely removed the entire stereo (speakers and all)?

Bscollins76

Bscollins76

Aug 20, 2021
Kentucky
Ownership

1. Talon X
I completely disconnected everything. In this process of trying to sort this out. I decided to rewire everything in the SXS. Still makes the noise without any aftermarket accessories connected.

• Wow

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!