P1000 High Unita

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got back from a week in the Utah High Unita. Had the grandkids in the back and had an amazing time! Camped at 8500' and had runs to nearly 10k' on several occasions. This dang unit is amazing. It took everything we threw at it and it wanted more. NEVER did I want more power, fully loaded with 4 people, gear and 3 little dogs and an ice chest. One run was over 100 miles and it came back with 3 bars on the gauge.

It was warm at lower elevations and the kids never complained about heat. It was COLD at the higher elevations and we got hit with a thunderstorm that pelted us with heavy rain and hail. The kids and dogs took cover under a blanket in back and for once we were grateful for the Pioneer heat...LOL

I'd say I'm 99% happy overall with this rig...the only thing I'd suggest is LOWER lower range, LOWER reverse in low range and a torque converter along with the clutches to take my mind off trashing the clutches in the super slow stuff.

I was also SUPER happy I made this thing street legal. We hit about 2 miles of asphalt one time and investigated a campground where the camp host said "Are you street legal"..."Come on in...". Many roads ended with "No ATV's beyond this point" and we were able to keep going legally. This conversion is HIGH recommended...at least here in Utah.
20170731 164326
20170731 164429
20170802 100616
20170802 104601

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just got back from a week in the Utah High Unita. Had the grandkids in the back and had an amazing time! Camped at 8500' and had runs to nearly 10k' on several occasions. This dang unit is amazing. It took everything we threw at it and it wanted more. NEVER did I want more power, fully loaded with 4 people, gear and 3 little dogs and an ice chest. One run was over 100 miles and it came back with 3 bars on the gauge.

It was warm at lower elevations and the kids never complained about heat. It was COLD at the higher elevations and we got hit with a thunderstorm that pelted us with heavy rain and hail. The kids and dogs took cover under a blanket in back and for once we were grateful for the Pioneer heat...LOL

I'd say I'm 99% happy overall with this rig...the only thing I'd suggest is LOWER lower range, LOWER reverse in low range and a torque converter along with the clutches to take my mind off trashing the clutches in the super slow stuff.

I was also SUPER happy I made this thing street legal. We hit about 2 miles of asphalt one time and investigated a campground where the camp host said "Are you street legal"..."Come on in...". Many roads ended with "No ATV's beyond this point" and we were able to keep going legally. This conversion is HIGH recommended...at least here in Utah.View attachment 50961 View attachment 50962 View attachment 50963 View attachment 50964
Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: moparornocar
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

I was also SUPER happy I made this thing street legal. We hit about 2 miles of asphalt one time and investigated a campground where the camp host said "Are you street legal"..."Come on in...". Many roads ended with "No ATV's beyond this point" and we were able to keep going legally. This conversion is HIGH recommended...at least here in Utah.View attachment 50961 View attachment 50962 View attachment 50963 View attachment 50964
I think I'm going to enjoy being Street legal now for all the same reasons. Glad you enjoyed the ride. Perhaps a torque converter will be Honda's remedy on future models. Don't really see how that could be a recall fix for our models though.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks for making me hate to go to work in the morning!

Reactions: drfubar

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!