P1000 Highbeam wiring

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Anyone know the easiest / best place to splice into the highbeam signal? Right at the switch should be easy enough - but maybe theres a better spot.

I want all my bright lights (high beam, light bar, etc) to be triggered by a single switch. Since I l already have the highbeam switch I'll use that to enable the other lights when I'm running on key-on power.

Sometimes a vehicle will come around a corner and I'll scramble to turn off 3 different switches so I don't blind them.

I'm guessing its a +12 on the highbeams - not a ground trigger.

@CumminsPusher ? You probably know the wires on these as well as anyone :)

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes 12v +
Blue wire from the dimmer switch to the light relay, then two blue wires to the headlights.
Decision is you want to tap the blue wire BEFORE the light relay or the blue wires AFTER the relay.
This is your only option.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Probably a good idea to use a relay and use the wire off the switch to trigger it.

Reactions: ghost and joeymt33
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Probably a good idea to use a relay and use the wire off the switch to trigger it.
Yeah - thats the plan. But thanks for the tip anyway.
The relay will ground the lights - so I can still use my switches to send them power individually.
I like lots of options with my lights :cool:

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Change of plan. The grounding relay was kinda goofy.
I'm gonna use three way switches on my lightbar and corner lights.
Down = Off
Middle = Highbeam trigger to light relay
Up = +12v to light relay

Full control - no stupid wiring.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!