P1000 LED Light Wiring

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no electrical skills / aptitude and have great respect for those that do. I’d like to install / wire an LED light bar on my 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe, but need an “LED Light Bar Wiring Guide for Dummies.” Does such an aid exist on the Forum? I mean, I don’t even know if I run the light bar wires directly to the switch or to the fuse box. Any help / guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does such an aid exist on the Forum? I mean, I don’t even know if I run the light bar wires directly to the switch or to the fuse box. Any help / guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
You can find more info than u want on this in the search up top. Also the club store has kits to make this easier. Don't forget pics when your done

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would suggest the plug n play kit from club store. You may have to mod the mount for a 22 model.

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the one above says it won’t work with 2022 bumpers but I used a couple self tapping screws to mount it to the top of the bumper. Easiest wiring I have seen for an accessory.

3C2CD402 C4B1 4E12 8199 F341CA6A0951 A74290BA C329 4D2B A1C9 4344957D7FD2

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another option is to just get the harness and use whatever light bar you want.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Another option is to just get the harness and use whatever light bar you want.

That's what I used because I already had a light bar. Just used screws to attach it to the Bad Dawg Bull bar.
IMG 0595

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the one above says it won’t work with 2022 bumpers but I used a couple self tapping screws to mount it to the top of the bumper. Easiest wiring I have seen for an accessory.

View attachment 366307 View attachment 366308
I did something very similar, You can weld or rivet a piece of angle to the back side of the bumper and bolt your brackets to that so that the light hangs down into the bumper opening

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I highly recommend the plug and play stuff from the club store. But if you want to do it yourself the info is here u just have to search for what you want.

M

Merv

Aug 30, 2022
VIRGINIA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Forum has been very patient with me answering basic questions and / or pointing me in the right direction so I’m hopeful to pay it back a little with my experience installing a dual battery system, key-on power, a relay, light bars, rear winch, and POS and NEG bus bars. While the length of my video would be no less than 40 hours, I’m happy with the outcome given my complete lack of mechanical and electrical skills and aptitude. I did chat online with Mr. Sparre and borrowed heavily from his highly instructional videos, etc. The accessories I installed all came with in-line fuses so I opted not to install a separate fuse panel and, instead, powered the POS bus bar via the relay. My schematic shows an optional POS bus bar powered directly from the AUX battery. When reviewing my schematic, the pros out there will certainly scratch their heads and find numerous inefficiencies, but hopefully no safety concerns. The wiring under the hood is admittedly unruly and requires a fair amount of housekeeping that I’ll take my time doing. Please do share any thoughts on improvements and simplifying what I’ve done. Thanks and I hope someone finds value in the schematic.

I installed:
Trickle charger lead
Color-matched cargo divider in bed
2 side LED light bars
1 front LED light bar via pillar brackets (had to bring the brackets to a machine shop)
Dual battery system
Relay
POS and NEG bus bars
Winch in rear bed (SB Wood and Weld)
CrossRoads switch panel
Key-on power harness purchased from the Club store
Dual voltmeter
Three rocker switches, one requiring an oversized switch adapter from the Club

Attachments

• Schematic - Dual Battery & Relay Install.pdf
    226.8 KB · Views: 106

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!