P1000 LED Light Installation 2023 Pioneer

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just bought a 2023 Pioneer 1000-5 Forest Edition; have my 2020 Pioneer 1000-5 up for sale. The 2020 had a front end RC Light bar installed which I removed and want to install on the 2023. The wiring is:

LIGHT ---- 12VDC 40 AMP RELAY --- IN LINE FUSE --- BATTERY ---- ROCKER SWITCH

My question is do I wire it the same way, or there a better way on the 2023? I was told at the dealership that wiring accessories to the switch panel has been made much easier, but I didn't get more info on that. There is the blank pigtail connection with the pink wire wrapped in blue tape under the hood, but my understanding that's for a winch?, which doesn't make much sense as it comes from the factory with one installed. Can I use that connection, or is there another "box" somewhere to make connections? Thanks.
IMG 0267

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will your light mount in the same spot on the 23?
The front bumper changed on 22+ machines.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This link will allow you to use the factory switches to power accessories.

You would attached the 3 wires with the butt connectors to the switch linked.
1 of the three wires was probably used to light the previous switch. You do not need to hook that up. Just the 2 wires that run to the relay. Should be easily found using continuity on a DVOM

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Will your light mount in the same spot on the 23?
The front bumper changed on 22+ machines.
I think it will mount in the same holes on the winch plate, where it was on the 2020.

C

CommanderDave

Nov 8, 2018
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
This link will allow you to use the factory switches to power accessories.

You would attached the 3 wires with the butt connectors to the switch linked.
1 of the three wires was probably used to light the previous switch. You do not need to hook that up. Just the 2 wires that run to the relay. Should be easily found using continuity on a DVOM
It came with 6 factory switches, all in use. There are 4 blanks in the panel. I do want to have the light switch lit, easier to find in the dark.

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice Rig, and ditto on the cool wheels.
Personally, I've removed all of my inline fuses and use a fuse box.
There are a lot of threads here about the 6 or 12 post marine style fuse boxes. They're fairly cheap ($25 ish for 12 posts).
Makes it easy to add new stuff and all of the fuses (and spares) are in one spot.
Will admit that I don't know what they did for the 2023 and new circuits.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!