P1000 Highlifter vs. Strongmade lifts P1k5

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, I’ve scoured, and can’t find answers. In a weird late night online purchase session I ordered BOTH the Highlifter signature, as well as the Strongmade lift. (Read some opinions, and quickly ordered both, with the intention to return one)

I know that the HLchanges the shock mounting position at the TOP, and the Strongmade is at the bottom, making it easier. I’ve got stock arms, and Some RB3 (work of art) spacers.

Which kit should I install, and which should I return? Please give me your reasons. Need your knowledge!

thank you!!!

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys, I’ve scoured, and can’t find answers. In a weird late night online purchase session I ordered BOTH the Highlifter signature, as well as the Strongmade lift. (Read some opinions, and quickly ordered both, with the intention to return one)

I know that the HLchanges the shock mounting position at the TOP, and the Strongmade is at the bottom, making it easier. I’ve got stock arms, and Some RB3 (work of art) spacers.

Which kit should I install, and which should I return? Please give me your reasons. Need your knowledge!

thank you!!!
Actually iv been looking into getting the 1000. Currently 6 yrs on a 14 700. With the strong made and last yr with 2.5 shock puck lift. 5 inches total 9n the 700 with stock shock. Was wondering if there was a difference in these 2 cause i plan on strongmade with puck on my 1000 when i get it . I haven't seen a comparison between the highlifter and strongmade

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

thank you!!!

I have had my HL kit for 2yrs. I like it

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
a arm tabs are weak.. if I did go the strong made route I’d weld them on!
Is there a ride quality difference? Seems like they literally do the same thing in moving the shock into a place where it puts MORE pressure downward. After hearing you guys’ replies, I’m leaning towards the HL.

Reactions: Isaiah
J

JTW

Is there a ride quality difference? Seems like they literally do the same thing in moving the shock into a place where it puts MORE pressure downward. After hearing you guys’ replies, I’m leaning towards the HL.
I haven’t see a SM in person so that I can’t answer. The HL is beefy and good quality. I love the added ground clearance but you do sacrifice some travel and ride quality.

D

DDDonkey

I know you can use the HL with aftermarket forward a-arms if you ever upgrade, not sure if the SM can be used with aftermarket a-arms.

When I was running a lift I had pucks in the front as I did not want to modify the air damn for the heat fix, and the HL in the rear. The HL is very beefy and worked with the SATV when I installed those and fixed the camber.

J

JTW

I know you can use the HL with aftermarket forward a-arms if you ever upgrade, not sure if the SM can be used with aftermarket a-arms.

When I was running a lift I had pucks in the front as I did not want to modify the air damn for the heat fix, and the HL in the rear. The HL is very beefy and worked with the SATV when I installed those and fixed the camber.
My thoughts as well

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Turned out great! Install was fairly easy. Next is some tires, but kinda wanna drag these out a bit.
PS- got that Recon 250 for $600!!!

D27FC1AB B902 4EAA BF28 54169C4518D6

helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a strongmade lift today, very happy with the results, easy and lifts it about an inch and a half. This is plenty, doesnt put too much angle on the axles and definatly looks better. Im only going with 28 inch tires anyway. But as of now you definatly have to step up to get in her now.

JcornRose

JcornRose

Apr 4, 2019
Clearwater
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Installed a strongmade lift today, very happy with the results, easy and lifts it about an inch and a half. This is plenty, doesnt put too much angle on the axles and definatly looks better. Im only going with 28 inch tires anyway. But as of now you definatly have to step up to get in her now.
Nice man!!! I have a couple blackwaters coming in 30” size. Hoping they fit, heard they run kinda small. As it stands right now on stock bighorns, it BARELY fits in garage

Reactions: Isaiah and helimech
helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice man!!! I have a couple blackwaters coming in 30” size. Hoping they fit, heard they run kinda small. As it stands right now on stock bighorns, it BARELY fits in garage
Thank gosh our new house has an 8ft garage entry, our old house in Miami was 7ft, never would have fit

20200419 122549 20200419 112928

helimech

helimech

Feb 11, 2014
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok , gotta include the ole bucket pics, my project for today is draining the diffs and puttin in the amsoil

20200419 124933

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!