P500 Home made 2" snorkel

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Cut intake neck behind driver. Used 2" rubber sleeve with stainless clamps. Drilled one hole through steel behind driver head test used 5/16" bolt with lock nut to secure.

IMG 2506 IMG 2501 IMG 2500

Reactions: trigger and drfubar
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Everything else is snorkeled also? Can you shut the engine off if you cover your air intake?

lipcurl

lipcurl

Sep 21, 2016
Hamilton
Nice job ! Thanks for sharing. I will be doing the same to mine after hunting season

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
If I place my hand over the intake (top of the 2"pipe) I feel it sucking and I can hear the engine start bogging like it is choking so I remove my hand. I have not choked it until the engine dies though. I also placed a couple of old socks over the top of the intake to keep any larger things like mud daubers out. :)

Someday I will probably paint the pipe also.

Reactions: Talen
J

JTW

So I take it the intake is 2" at the box? I've been contemplating ordering a warrior snorkel riser but didn't know what size.

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Well the factory intake is 2" so that would restrict the air intake flow no matter how large the rest of the system was nearer the engine.

J

JTW

Well the factory intake is 2" so that would restrict the air intake flow no matter how large the rest of the system was nearer the engine.
Yes.. I just didn't know what size the factory was.. I didn't want to order a smaller snorkel riser and have it restrict the intake.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!