P500 Homemade box

Ross1147

Ross1147

Jun 27, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Not as cool as Code54's steel box but thought I'd give it s try. All I have at home is a circular saw and a drill. Total cost was around 110. I could have cut it down to 80 or so but I decided to use 2 quarts of liner to make sure it was nice and thick and go with aluminum hinges. Box is made out of 3/4 inch plywood, aluminum hinges, tailgate is cedar just b/c I wanted a solid piece of wood and I had cedar laying around, then lined it all with herculiner.

Image Image Image

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Looks good @Ross1147, I have seen a few make some nice boxes out of wood. Once you layer them with liner it really starts to come together. Should last just as long as your 500 will!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Ross1147 That is a nice looking box. With cedar it won't rot and the herculiner should make for a great moisture barrier as well as a finish.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Looks good!!!! The liner is a great touch and as Jackal mentioned should make a good moisture barrier and looks sharp. Congrats on a great build.

Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Not as cool as Code54's steel box but thought I'd give it s try. All I have at home is a circular saw and a drill. Total cost was around 110. I could have cut it down to 80 or so but I decided to use 2 quarts of liner to make sure it was nice and thick and go with aluminum hinges. Box is made out of 3/4 inch plywood, aluminum hinges, tailgate is cedar just b/c I wanted a solid piece of wood and I had cedar laying around, then lined it all with herculiner.
The end result looks really nice, may do something like this myself.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Needed a box for around the property. 3/4 advantech plywood, rustoleum oil based paint and a metal liner from a HVAC friend who makes drip pans. Plan on toggle tatches for quick on and off. Debating about hinges for tilt, but not really needed with a tractor in the barn.

IMG 3582 IMG 3584

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!