P700 Homemade DIY shock covers

B128462

B128462

Mar 3, 2016
Chicago
the last time I took the 700 out to play and came home and started power washing I notice a ton of crap wedged up between the shock coils. Decided I didn't want to spend $50 plus bucks on some shock covers that "might" fit.
A Visit to the local goodwill and picked up an old donated wet suit for $5.00 . Spent another $7.00 on some Velcro. A few measurements, a couple cuts and about 20 minutes on the wife's sewing machine and problem solved.
Although really not needed, I added a zip tie to the top and bottom just to make sure they didn't move while on the trails. The neoprene material is pretty tough stuff and stretches well, these suckers fit snug around the coils. and obviously water just rolls right off it so power washing is now a simple.

Cheap $12.00 project but it works well
:)

Anyone out there make their own shock covers? Would be cool to see some other ideas.

Image Image Image Image Image

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Great use of funds!!

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now
Dang I threw away some waders awhile back that would have been perfect for this! Then I would have had "Max4" camo shock covers
I do have that laying around!!

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I like. Any one have a red wet suit laying around ???

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!