P500 Homemade Glove Box

C

Chooglin

Made up a glove box ,I still need to make a door for it ,but at least I have somewhere convenient to put my phone now !!!

Gb 1 Gb 5 Gb 4 Gb 3 Gb 2

M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Made up a glove box ,I still need to make a door for it ,but at least I have somewhere convenient to put my phone now !!!
Nice work and good idea.Get rid of the warning sign.

Reactions: Chooglin
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I used a piece of 3/8 thick black plastic the shape of the warning plate and put the warning plate back on it, can't even tell it is there.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Nice idea @Chooglin !

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
Nice work, I really wish someone would manufacture one of these... and leave clearance for the winch solenoid!

Reactions: Geoff
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Nice work, I really wish someone would manufacture one of these... and leave clearance for the winch solenoid!
Ya but they would charge $100.00 for it, and we would still end up making our own!!

C

Chooglin

I originally had mine mounted where the glove box is now (on the factory tabs) !

I had to move it to its current location ,to allow room for the glove box though.
If you look at the frame on the passengers side , there are two existing holes that you can mount the solenoid bracket to and they are spaced perfectly. The only thing you will need to do,is trim a little plastic to allow clearance for one of the bolts (see pic)
This is a much better place to mount it,even if you dont need the room for a glove box.this will keep mud and water from getting on the solenoid when riding !!!!

Attachments

• contactor 1.jpg
    contactor 1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • contactor 2.jpg
    contactor 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 981
  • contactor 3.jpg
    contactor 3.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 995
p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Looks awesome! I can see true craftsmanship in this. My hat is off to you!

Reactions: HUCK
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
That is identical to what i was planning great job

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Well i use metal not plastic just my nitch i could never get the hang of plastic

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Chooglin - Is the box plastic? Great job, if you want to make another I'll be a buyer.

Reactions: Geoff
C

Chooglin

What will you charge to make me one? :)
I would love to make you one but the weather in Ohio has been damn cold and my garage is not heated :)

Come spring time, I am going to make a few more and if I am happy with the way they turn out , I will sale them !!!

This being my first one , I see room for impovement. I will be getting a cheap metal break from harbor freight ,wich will make it a lot easier to make these !

Reactions: Willi and Geoff
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I would love to make you one but the weather in Ohio has been damn cold and my garage is not heated :)

Come spring time, I am going to make a few more and if I am happy with the way they turn out , I will sale them !!!

This being my first one , I see room for impovement. I will be getting a cheap metal break from harbor freight ,wich will make it a lot easier to make these !
Ok cool. I'll gladly wait, and me and my buddy will both take one. Yours looks very good!!!

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Awesome job. Depending on timing and price I will likely take one also. I really want a glove box and your idea is very similar to my thoughts. I mounted my battery seperator on top of the bar that you have your winch solenoid and didn't run any wires in the area as I planned to put a glove box in. I will likely mount the winch solenoid next to the other one as I want a second battery where you have the solenoid.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

it's warming up outside.... :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!