P700 Honda 0w 30 full synthetic?

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does honda make a 0w 30 full synthetic oil. Wanted to change oil to that after break in since I do alot of ice fishing and it can get below 0. Also I usually run non oxygenated gas in all my small equipment, but the service guy at dealer said to use 87 when its really cold it will start better?

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is ban that as good as full synthetic? Or is that a blend?

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok thank u!
I’m still looking but you might have to go to another manufacturer to get 0w-30 full synthetic. The one I posted was a blend. As long as it’s compatible with wet clutch you should be fine. ;)

F

Fraunky12

Dec 30, 2019
Mount Bethel, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Amsoil 0w-40. Recommended by Amsoil, covers most of the temperature band. Honda can’t deny for oil issues by law.
Thank you for contacting AMSOIL with your question.

For the temperatures that you experience, I would suggest using the 0W40 Powersports Oil (product code AFF). This will cover the broadest temperature range so it will crank over easier in cold temperatures. As far as warranty goes, being it is an extended warranty, you would have to read the verbiage in the contract to see what is required of you. If it states that you have to use a certain oil, then you would have to abide by that. However, Honda cannot void the manufacturer’s warranty that comes with the machine for using a different brand of oil as that would be against the law.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hope you don't have any trouble starting yours in the winter, but with my '15 700 I had quite a bit of trouble getting to start below 0. I tried thinner oil, but what I found out that it needed worse was a larger battery. I don't know if this still the case but the 14' and 15' US models used the ytx14 battery while the Canadian model used the larger gtx16 batteries. I ended up actually putting a yuasa ytx20h (310 cca) in the place of the stock battery and that cured my hard starting problems. When it was really cold I just made sure to let the bike warm up until I got 2 bars on the temp gauge. I hope you don't have any trouble.

T

Timmy57

Aug 15, 2019
Superior wi
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does honda make a 0w 30 full synthetic oil. Wanted to change oil to that after break in since I do alot of ice fishing and it can get below 0. Also I usually run non oxygenated gas in all my small equipment, but the service guy at dealer said to use 87 when its really cold it will start better?
And oil 0-40. My dealer also said to use 87. 87-89 octane fuels in the mid-west have 10% ethanol which can absorb water if it sits for an extended period. This flip side of that is in colder climates higher octane fuels can cause hard starting because the flash point of the fuel is higher

T

Timmy57

Aug 15, 2019
Superior wi
Ownership

1. 700-4
And oil 0-40. My dealer also said to use 87. 87-89 octane fuels in the mid-west have 10% ethanol which can absorb water if it sits for an extended period. This flip side of that is in colder climates higher octane fuels can cause hard starting because the flash point of the fuel is higher
Amsoil 0-40

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for all the input. I kinda want to use honda oil since I did get the extended warranty. Service guy also said there is a cold start process where you pump gas half throttle or something try it and then full throttle next time if that dont work. When its -0.

F

Fraunky12

Dec 30, 2019
Mount Bethel, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea for sure. The info I posted was what I got from Amsoil, which I run in everything. However, I got the 4 year extension in the warranty as well. And when I get to my third oil change, after the valves are adjusted, I’m using Honda HP4S synthetic

Parmer84

Parmer84

Dec 15, 2019
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea for sure. The info I posted was what I got from Amsoil, which I run in everything. However, I got the 4 year extension in the warranty as well. And when I get to my third oil change, after the valves are adjusted, I’m using Honda HP4S synthetic
How necessary is a valve adjustment?

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
How necessary is a valve adjustment?
They all get out of spec over time ypu need to check them at the first two or three recommended intervals. In my experience after i had a lot of miles they seemed to not need it as often as when new. But that's just me.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
They all get out of spec over time ypu need to check them at the first two or three recommended intervals. In my experience after i had a lot of miles they seemed to not need it as often as when new. But that's just me.
I agree with you. I did mine at 1200 miles and Both were loose. I’ll be checking them at 1800. ;)

F

Fraunky12

Dec 30, 2019
Mount Bethel, Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
What does it take to check the valves on these. I have no idea how to do it, and am going to take it in to my dealer when third oil change is due to have them checked and adjusted if need be...but just curious as to the process of checking them for adjustment if needed as a diy project. Thanks

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
What does it take to check the valves on these. I have no idea how to do it, and am going to take it in to my dealer when third oil change is due to have them checked and adjusted if need be...but just curious as to the process of checking them for adjustment if needed as a diy project. Thanks

Reactions: NTCPrezJB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!