Honda 1000 Sport rumors...

M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015
What's the latest rumors on Honda making a sport chassis for the new 1000 power plant? i.e. dual throttle bodies and long travel suspension...

I know their are unused engine mounts in the casing of this new 1000 engine and when asking if those are for a new sport platform all I got was a smirk for an answer....

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nothing on a 1000 sport. Maybe a 700 light weight sport?
This is a new patent image as of this month. We have seen it before but it also shares many features found in the current P500
Sport

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't heard or seen anything lately.
Leaning toward a 1000 though.
6 Months or so rumor mill will rev up.

29-30" tires on bead locks, turbocharged, Walker Evans or Fox shocks, 18"'of travel, DCT Trans, and spydrone footage from the Honda test track well hidden from the general public.

Let's just hope some brave soul can get close enough to get a HondaSxs.com sticker on it.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm seeing tilt wheel and a console. Going after the wolverine I bet.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It would be hard NOT to buy one if it was a 1000cc sport!

Reactions: swsebek and chadbo
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Damn you guys! If they put one out I'll be broke because I'll be forced to get that too! My wife doesn't think it's for a bit so she already gave me the ok.(1000-2 added) That's when our whole stable will be Honda. Why are you talking like that it's dirty:)

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I really really hope Honda does a 1000 sport. HONDA HELLO you listened on the pioneer 1000 so listen now. 1000 sport long travel suspension just go ahead and put fox shocks on it. I don't need the 1000 pioneer the 700 does all i need but i do want a 1000 sport not a cross over 700. The pioneer 1000 motor with a turbo and different tuning would be killer. Have too add different tranny now..

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
They absolutely will we know this. Just a matter of time. If they build anything close in power ride travel and capabilities to popo or can am (they now proved they have a motor) all the guys that have sworn by that undependable plastic will change their tune. And the rest of us will finally coinsider one. The Polaris guys we ride with have maintenance parties three times a year and they don't ride as hard as we did our 700 (2250 miles in 5 months NEVER A PROBLEM 50/50 hard easy) t's a great time for Honda! Let someone else create customers and by all rights steal them. "If you build it they will come!" Proud to be Honda through and through. Can't wait!

D

Dwight

Oct 25, 2015
Kansas
Absolutely interested in a Honda sport sxs based on the 1000 DC engine! With that said, our riding group usually has about 10 rzrs in it. We ride all types of terrain all over the country and have for many years. In that time we have never had to drag one home. Maybe we are just lucky. I'm happy that we have more choices in machines now. Yamaha has stepped up with a sport model and my hope is that Honda will follow. Competition makes makes for better products. Hurry up Honda!

Dwight

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely interested in a Honda sport sxs based on the 1000 DC engine! With that said, our riding group usually has about 10 rzrs in it. We ride all types of terrain all over the country and have for many years. In that time we have never had to drag one home. Maybe we are just lucky. I'm happy that we have more choices in machines now. Yamaha has stepped up with a sport model and my hope is that Honda will follow. Competition makes makes for better products. Hurry up Honda!

Dwight
We've drug a few home including ours it's usually same things belt wheel bearings overheating or front end. There was even a split case (said that was because of high mileage at around 3.5k if I remember right) never even considered bringing tools or belts or extra parts with the Hondas. Never worried about having a second rig so we could creek ride or go on a 150mi rid but maybe your group rides less or has more maintenance parties idk we maintenance our stuff once a year and a second oil change filter clean midway through. We camp in dusty crappy end of the dirt road conditions and just this year from February till now we've gotten 26 weekends camping in. Our group rides a bit and have been for 12 years

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I guess I don't mean to sound quite so callous because for years we really had no choice other than Polaris or Can-am if you wanted anything any kind of power and fun to ride. We ride a lot with a lot of different people and owned so many machines I can't keep track of them all we ride a lot with a lot of different people that have owned many different as well. All our dirt bikes are now Honda we've had up to eight hondas at one time in the dirt just my family. My personal bike is an 05 CRF with 14,000+ miles on it my wife's has just under 12k with multiple people riding them we have an 02 400ex with guessing here 12k+ and multiple other people at the camp site with Hondas both quads and bikes of which none have had any major issues. The only Polaris we still own we've kept just because it's a two up. It's an 850 with just over 3k it's had so much work done to it by trying to follow the Honda maintenance plan.4 belts alone! Honda generators with years and years without checking oil. There are just too many circumstances over our 300+ camp trips that has proven to me and our family and friends to go Honda. Even people that have sworn other brands have seen it have either switched or are going to soon. I guess there's a make for everybody but we will absolutely choose the dependable one every time. We ride so much that the rigs stay in the toy hauler I built from a school bus during the week. They go back out muddy and not worked on weekend after weekend for months and months. Anything other then Honda cannot put up with that abuse. Our new 1000-5 is already dirty and muddy and WILL stay that way all year long as we don't have time to maintain it were to busy out tearing crap up out of the woods. It has been this way for years and will continue to. But that's just this guys story(and well family and friends of about 30 of us that go out and ride with other less fortunate brands) I guess it is what it is:)

Last edited:
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
Sounds like you get lots of trail time in.
The bunch I ride with either can't go that often or won't go that often so I end up going alone for a few hours a couple of days a week. Sometimes they ride on the weekends. So overall, I don't end up getting that much riding in either. So far my Polaris's have been good to me but I am always looking for the better deal.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I do believe that any rig with few miles on it will be good. All of our Polaris or Can Ams were good for the first bit but I'm such a dependable freak with how many are in our family and how much we ride we can't make any mistakes. I expect an off road vehicle to be no worse then $2/mile to ride and stay absolutely dependable. So if it's a $10000 rig I need 5000 miles at least of nothing going wrong that's what I expect minimum any thing over is bonus. I expect it's full life no less then $1/mile so that same $10000 had better be able to run 10000 miles. All I'm saying is in my experience only one brand does it and always has resale at that number. Everything stays dependable if you pay for it and not ride it. I'm sorry to all I talk with if I do sound like I'm ragging on there rigs shoot I've had a bunch as well I just hate seeing someone spend there hard earned cash for something that will only last a few thousand miles or so and not be worth anything in the end. It makes so much more sense to me to spend a little time talking to people and Googling things to find out what's better or will work better 90% of the time for themselves rather then buying something "pretty"

Last edited:
hondarock

hondarock

Jun 19, 2015
I do believe that any rig with few miles on it will be good. All of our Polaris or Can Ams were good for the first bit but I'm such a dependable freak with how many are in our family and how much we ride we can't make any mistakes. I expect an off road vehicle to be no worse then $2/mile to ride and stay absolutely dependable. So if it's a $10000 rig I need 5000 miles at least of nothing going wrong that's what I expect minimum any thing over is bonus. I expect it's full life no less then $1/mile so that same $10000 had better be able to run 10000 miles. All I'm saying is in my experience only one brand does it and always has resale at that number. Everything stays dependable if you pay for it and not ride it. I'm sorry to all I talk with if I do sound like I'm ragging on there rigs shoot I've had a bunch as well I just hate seeing someone spend there hard earned cash for something that will only last a few thousand miles or so and not be worth anything in the end. It makes so much more sense to me to spend a little time talking to people and Googling things to find out what's better or will work better 90% of the time for themselves rather then buying something "pretty"

I never really thought about it like that, but it is certainly something to take into consideration.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
hey Honda sxs community,
I have not been on here in a while due to the work life.. I love the pioneer 1000-5 test drove one the other day. I was also wondering if any new sport sxs rumors have came up sense October. going on 3 months without anybody commenting on this part of the form.
thanks everyone

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Merry Christmas.
I thought about sending you a message a few weeks ago but didn't. No problem on the MIA. We all know this site is for fun and just something to kill some time while chatting with like minded people.

As for new roumers... Out side of Dirt Trax's inventing new features for the 1000... There's nothing new.
Few patents that suggest longer travel is about all have seen.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't heard or seen anything lately.
Leaning toward a 1000 though.
6 Months or so rumor mill will rev up.

29-30" tires on bead locks, turbocharged, Walker Evans or Fox shocks, 18"'of travel, DCT Trans, and spydrone footage from the Honda test track well hidden from the general public.

Let's just hope some brave soul can get close enough to get a HondaSxs.com sticker on it.

Only 3 more months or so I bet it will pick up in the spring. If they do have something in development it'll take them time to get it done.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
hey there,
yea I hope by spring time new rumors start to come out. I wanted to try and save up some income to buy a pioneer 1000-5 but they are selling fast. I might wait a few more months until the stock starts to pile up a little more. lets hope buy mid January or February new rumors of a sport model come out. Honda did a amazing job on the pioneer 1000 lets hope if they come out with a sport model they will do just as good or even better.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!