BOX1

Honda 1000 Sport rumors...

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
well I was about to pull the trigger on a p-1000 5 but saw the clutch issue with one of the members. I might wait till the 2017 get released. I see a lot of people really like the 1000. I wonder what Honda has in store for 2017. all I know is they need to do something with the Rincon. well give me some feed back on what you all think. should I wait or just go get one.

M

meatman

Sep 24, 2015
well I was about to pull the trigger on a p-1000 5 but saw the clutch issue with one of the members. I might wait till the 2017 get released. I see a lot of people really like the 1000. I wonder what Honda has in store for 2017. all I know is they need to do something with the Rincon. well give me some feed back on what you all think. should I wait or just go get one.
I pulled a 7000 pound fish house out onto the lake with my pioneer 1k5 this winter because it was kind of sketchy to a 3/4 ton pickup + the fish house. It pulled the 7000 fish house like nothing!! It kicks the s*** out of my 900 ranger!!! Its a no brainer buy if you are going to get a sxs!!!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I priced out the 1000 yesterday. 19,250.00 otd with a roof, back window, and hard coat front. They offered me $11,000 for my 700. I've got close to 20 into my 700. So it will cost 9 grand to upgrade once I add the ext. Warranty. I can keep mine and add a wolverine for about the same money. Or the P 500. I wish honda adds something soon that competes with the wolverine. There's 5 in my family now and I'll need to make a decision soon. I love my 700, kinda set up for a search and rescue look, and next one can be more of a trail runner. The 1000 can do both. But might be better off with 2 sxs.

B

bob3663

Lifetime Member
Mar 18, 2014
I have a wolverine. I love mine. Very awesome trail machine.

Reactions: Plumber32
scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I priced out the 1000 yesterday. 19,250.00 otd with a roof, back window, and hard coat front. They offered me $11,000 for my 700. I've got close to 20 into my 700. So it will cost 9 grand to upgrade once I add the ext. Warranty. I can keep mine and add a wolverine for about the same money. Or the P 500. I wish honda adds something soon that competes with the wolverine. There's 5 in my family now and I'll need to make a decision soon. I love my 700, kinda set up for a search and rescue look, and next one can be more of a trail runner. The 1000 can do both. But might be better off with 2 sxs.
I would keep the 700 and get a sport for the trails. Just me tho. I use my 700 for hunting and working on land. I rarly trail ride with it. I want something fast and tons of suspension for my trail SxS. There is no do it all SxS. I think having two is the best option. My plan is to keep my 700 and get a sport. I hope honda does a nice sport this year. I might end up buying a used rzr if honda doesn't step up.

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would keep the 700 and get a sport for the trails. Just me tho. I use my 700 for hunting and working on land. I rarly trail ride with it. I want something fast and tons of suspension for my trail SxS. There is no do it all SxS. I think having two is the best option. My plan is to keep my 700 and get a sport. I hope honda does a nice sport this year. I might end up buying a used rzr if honda doesn't step up.
my thinking is the same. I've found some nice used wildcat trails for around 7 grand . A buddy has one and its impressive for speed for sure

Reactions: jak9922 and scott
Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Anyone heard anything on expected release or announcement date for this possible sport model? I wish Honda would throw out a teaser video or something.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
I have not heard any new information on a sport model. the only leads we have are the detailed drawings previously talked about in this form. I do wish also, that Honda would release some kind of information about new upcoming models. I would also like to know if they are redesigning the Rincon or keeping it the same. I will keep in touch to see if anyone has info on this subject. keep us posted Honda sxs

Reactions: Hondasxs
Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I have not heard any new information on a sport model. the only leads we have are the detailed drawings previously talked about in this form. I do wish also, that Honda would release some kind of information about new upcoming models. I would also like to know if they are redesigning the Rincon or keeping it the same. I will keep in touch to see if anyone has info on this subject. keep us posted Honda sxs
Yes I would also like to know about the Rincon , I still have my 03 that I bought as soon as they came out, I warned my wife 10 years ago that when they decide to change the rincon I will be buying another one and have been waiting ever since!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I think Honda is done with changes for the rincon except for maybe power steering.

Kenjones21

Kenjones21

Jun 23, 2015
Central Louisiana
I think Honda is done with changes for the rincon except for maybe power steering.
I disagree , well kind of, there has been no changes in the rincon worth having except the EFI in the last 13 years , its time to either change it or discontinue it, the foremans have done changed at least 3 times since 03

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Honda had to be dragged into the big bore utility class. I think the sales trend is to side by sides so that is where they are putting there development money. Adding the twin spark plugs for emissions to the rincon a few year and changing nothing else showed me they were done with it for a while. I think as long as it still makes money they will keep it as is which is ok with me because I moved on to sxs. It's hard to compete with Yamaha that just came out with that 700 kodiak that's selling around $6,000.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
hey Honda sxs community, I saw somebody posted on facebook that Honda powersports will release the 2017 Honda atv lineup some time in early april. I am wondering what they will do with the Rincon. also wondering about the colors for the Honda foreman rubicon deluxe editions

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
hey Honda sxs community, I saw somebody posted on facebook that Honda powersports will release the 2017 Honda atv lineup some time in early april. I am wondering what they will do with the Rincon. also wondering about the colors for the Honda foreman rubicon deluxe editions

The last info released pretty much told dealers what will not be offered for 2017 which is mainly a culling of the variations of the same models at the bottom end of the feature spectrum. @HondaProKevin has a blog with all the latest info once it is released to the public. You can see what is going on with the 2017 Honda ATV line here: 2017 Honda ATV Models Archives | Honda-Pro Kevin

Hopefully the streamlining on the ATV lineup offering frees up resources to push out a more Sport / Recreational oriented Honda SXS in the near future.

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
The last info released pretty much told dealers what will not be offered for 2017 which is mainly a culling of the variations of the same models at the bottom end of the feature spectrum. @HondaProKevin has a blog with all the latest info once it is released to the public. You can see what is going on with the 2017 Honda ATV line here: 2017 Honda ATV Models Archives | Honda-Pro Kevin

Hopefully the streamlining on the ATV lineup offering frees up resources to push out a more Sport / Recreational oriented Honda SXS in the near future.

Thanks for the shout out and sharing @JACKAL , much appreciated. I try to keep you guys as posted as I can without saying "too much" at times haha.

That's my thoughts on weeding out some of the off-road models too. It's going to open up money so-to-say for other projects. Especially with the sport model lineup being dropped to practically nothing with the fastest "sport" ATV they make being the TRX250X for 2017. They are in business to make $$ and money isn't there in the sport ATV market BUT we all know there is money to be made in the sport SxS / UTV market. Honda still has plans to "expand" their side by side model lineup so it'll be interesting to see how the next 12 months pan out. They've got the engine to do it and the transmission, let's all hope they are working on a platform to throw it in...

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com

Honda is dropping the manual shift Rubicon Deluxe for 2017 so we may only have (1) color Deluxe for 2017 unless they decide to mix up the DCT Deluxe this year with more than one option. We'll know very very soon though...

Reactions: chadbo
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda Dealers want the Sport models ASAP. From Can-Am: We made a commitment last fall to vastly broaden our Can-Am side-by-side portfolio with the introduction of a new vehicle every six months for the next four years. Yamaha is also making a big push into the Sport market. We can count on Polaris to have several new models with the wide body like the 2017 General 1000.

Reactions: Hondasxs
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!