Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who has the Honda 2 piece windshield and takes off their top portion in the summer? How does that work for you getting more air ?

I know having it cracked open gets a breeze - a little more breeze coming through but I am thinking that I am going to take the top portion off this summer and try and run without it.

Just not enough air flow in warmer weather

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who has the Honda 2 piece windshield and takes off their top portion in the summer? How does that work for you getting more air ?

I know having it cracked open gets a breeze - a little more breeze coming through but I am thinking that I am going to take the top portion off this summer and try and run without it.

Just not enough air flow in warmer weather

I usually pull mine off in the summer. Easy to do and provides a LOT more air. I might actually look at the bugbuster or something similar this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I usually pull mine off in the summer. Easy to do and provides a LOT more air. I might actually look at the bugbuster or something similar this year.

I saw the thread on the bug buster - that looks interesting. I also want to stash the hard top and do some sort of spider shade top - I know I saw a post on here at some point where someone had one. That would take me back to my jeep days when I used to take off the top every Memorial Day weekend and not put it back on until Labor Day Just run a little Bikini top - think the spider shade would give you more air and help keep some of the sun off. -

J

Jshell3

I saw the thread on the bug buster - that looks interesting. I also want to stash the hard top and do some sort of spider shade top - I know I saw a post on here at some point where someone had one. That would take me back to my jeep days when I used to take off the top every Memorial Day weekend and not put it back on until Labor Day Just run a little Bikini top - think the spider shade would give you more air and help keep some of the sun off. -
Ooh. I need to see that post. I was kinda thinking I didn't "need" the top today... something like a 1/2 roof would be perfect.
Plus the Pioneers look more off-road without the top IMHO. Like a jeep, as you say.

J

Jshell3

Even a homemade something another would be worth it. I did a 20 mile ride this evening so I could get 100 miles and do 1st maint...
bugs were hammering me in the face and eyes. And I ran 25-30mph. A screen would have been nice.
Weather today has been great!

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ooh. I need to see that post. I was kinda thinking I didn't "need" the top today... something like a 1/2 roof would be perfect.
Plus the Pioneers look more off-road without the top IMHO. Like a jeep, as you say.
P1000 - JJ's P1K5 @jasontjames was the one who had the spidewebshade

Reactions: Jshell3
J

Jshell3

P1000 - JJ's P1K5 @jasontjames was the one who had the spidewebshade
It's priced right. $181.
Thanks for the link.
I've been a P500 owner and can work those boards pretty good because I knew everyone's machine.

This P1k5 is really like starting over in a lot of ways. I don't know anything. Much appreciated!

J

JTW

Even a homemade something another would be worth it. I did a 20 mile ride this evening so I could get 100 miles and do 1st maint...
bugs were hammering me in the face and eyes. And I ran 25-30mph. A screen would have been nice.
Weather today has been great!
FYI.. I was told to go by hours for first service.

J

Jshell3

FYI.. I was told to go by hours for first service.
Not gonna lie. Oil was clean clean. I almost felt like a wasted my time and money. But the thought of possibly being in the middle of the Takeover for my first service, wasn't gee hawing with me.

How many hours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ragnar406
J

JTW

Not gonna lie. Oil was clean clean. I almost felt like a wasted my time and money. But the thought of possibly being in the middle of the Takeover for my first service, wasn't jiving with me.

How many hours?

Reactions: Jshell3
advertisement
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not gonna lie. Oil was clean clean. I almost felt like a wasted my time and money. But the thought of possibly being in the middle of the Takeover for my first service, wasn't gee hawing with me.

How many hours?
You will be glad to have it behind you. It is crazy how much better the ride gets as you get the first service and few hundred miles on it.

J

JTW

ah, you're just getting used to it... That's all.
Lol.. I honestly haven't ridden mine since I got it back.. but dad's has lost 80% of the whine. We put 20hours on ours before the first service and they were honestly getting pretty loud. I was annoyed! Another couple days and I'll have mine back together to confirm it wasn't a fluke.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why aren't you coming to the Takeover?
Arkansas, right? Do you ride w/ @nbomar ? He's coming. @Tigermark , too!
Yea, I have met @Tigermark , @nbomar , @my99svt and ride with them often and all are going to the takeover. I want to go trust me - that weekend is my son, john's 7th Birthday and he is really wanting to have a big nerf gun party that weekend.

J

JTW

Yea, I have met @Tigermark , @nbomar , @my99svt and ride with them often and all are going to the takeover. I want to go trust me - that weekend is my son, john's 7th Birthday and he is really wanting to have a big nerf gun party that weekend.
We'll all bring nerf guns!!

Reactions: popeye
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Family is important it's my daughters bday as well so I'm not going but when comparing the two. I am not missing anything.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!