P700 Honda 700 needs one more gear.....

A

Acor3359

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey all, I love my Honda 700-4, but it is frustrating hitting that rev limiter at 40 mph. It seems like it is too high geared also, I would even be fine if it had the same top speed, but one more gear. 3rd gear feels like it should hit around 20 MPH, not 26 MPH. This would be the PERFECT machine if it had just one more gear. Seems like something Honda would have done by now, makes you scratch your head why they haven't.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey all, I love my Honda 700-4, but it is frustrating hitting that rev limiter at 40 mph. It seems like it is too high geared also, I would even be fine if it had the same top speed, but one more gear. 3rd gear feels like it should hit around 20 MPH, not 26 MPH. This would be the PERFECT machine if it had just one more gear. Seems like something Honda would have done by now, makes you scratch your head why they haven't.

You're preaching to the choir.....we've been "asking for gearing changes in the 700 since 2014. There's thousands of things Honda does that makes us scratch our heads. It's Honda....it's what they do. Always have and probably always will. Just be glad you didn't buy a Polaris.....you'd be bald.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It needs a 5 speed gear box!

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The sun top will make you feel better...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!