P700m4 Honda accessory wiring harness

SFC

SFC

Apr 22, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is the Accessory wiring harness with switch plate required? I want to install a winch and a radio later I read several posts that said just use the accessory harness for the horn or the one on Amazon for $10. Please help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is alot of great info on this on any of the 3 model forums. I know alot of guys that didn't buy the accessory harness or the switch plate. I bought a separate fuse panel, some switches, and a plate from mystic1219 and made my own. Some have been buying the accessory harness to hook into key on power for certain items, but I just tapped into the accessory (cigarette lighter) wire. Most of the winches come with a complete wiring package, so if you are just thinking radio, you might be able to get by with a switch and inline fuse. Accessorizing is have the fun on these things. Enjoy.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm with @tjoreo. The harness is not required.
Don't over think it. You need a source of power. There are several ways to get there. The harness is cheap, clean and simple. You can splice a wire if you'd rather.

Be sure to find one that is only hot when the key is on. Most people do this for safety. I have found that some of the simplest devices will draw a minute amount of power even when turned off. That little bit can drain a battery over a week or two.

Reactions: tjoreo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!