Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
2016 Honda Pioneer Family

Jun 11, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.
Honda today announced the addition of two brand-new full-size side-by-side models—the groundbreaking Pioneer 1000 and Pioneer 1000-5—to its 2016 lineup. With class-leading displacement and payload, a 6-speed fully automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) and a full list of features and options, the flagship Pioneer 1000 promises to raise the bar in terms of power, performance and capability in both work and recreation applications.

"We're very excited about the all-new 999cc engine we've developed for these new Pioneers," said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. "We've also added the industry's only fully automatic mechanical transmission—the 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. With steel gears, the DCT offers true engine braking, seamless shifting and a smooth, reliable transfer of power."

Pioneer 1000/1000-5
Immediately assuming its position as the clear leader in the full-size multipurpose SxS category, Honda's new-from-the-ground-up, no-compromise Pioneer 1000 is powered by a purpose-built inline, twin-cylinder, Unicam® 999cc engine. It's also the first side-by-side with a 6-speed fully automatic DCT, a state-of-the-art beltless transmission that is durable, efficient and easy to use. Designed, developed and produced according to Honda's holistic methodology, the largest Pioneer is smooth-riding and extremely versatile. Built in the USA using domestically and globally sourced parts, the Pioneer 1000 is offered in four different configurations, from the base three-person version to the Deluxe five-person model, which features 14-inch aluminum wheels, 27-inch radial tires, LED headlights and electric power steering. Every Pioneer 1000 comes standard with four-wheel-drive, as well as a high-low sub-transmission and 4-mode differential lock, while the five-person model features auto-leveling rear suspension and a full-size convertible bed with Honda's exclusive QuickFlip™ seating. An extensive range of Honda Accessories is available, and the Pioneer 1000 is covered by a one-year warranty.

• Colors
    • Pioneer 1000: Red, Olive
    • Pioneer 1000 EPS: Red, Orange, White, Honda Phantom Camo
    • Pioneer 1000-5: Red, Olive
    • Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe: Red, Metallic Silver, White, Honda Phantom Camo
  • Availability: Fall 2015
Click here to view images

Last edited:
Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wow, Honda hit the nail on the head. Shows they really listen to their customers. more Power, turf mode, 5 seater, better suspension, sport mode, low range, power steering... what more can you ask for. I cant wait until next summer when i can get one

Last edited:
tig

tig

Apr 22, 2015
Wow, Honda hit the nail on the head. Shows they really listen to their customers. more Power, turf mode, 5 seater, better suspension, sport mode... what more can you ask for. I cant wait until next summer when i can get one

That's a set of features no one else can touch right now! Whoever it was that wanted a Red CanAm got that plus the best parts of a Ranger. Want one bad!!!! Now just gotta figure out what it will cost...

advertisement
scottn57

scottn57

Sep 14, 2013
Buffalo, NY
The 6 speed DCT should be a sweet transmission for a SxS! Should be more efficient and responsive than the automotive style 3 speed... I'm surprised they needed a low range with that many gear options though.

It's hard to tell if it's bigger size-wise than the 700.

I wish they would have given the 50" class the same treatment- a parallel twin 7-800 with more suspension, turf-lock, locking front, and 6 speed dct would be awesome!

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Wow home run. If Hondas next release is a 1000cc 50in sport model I think my head will explode.

Reactions: Hondasxs
fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
It's like a sears roebuck catalog when I was growing up. I just found the perfect new toy, but now I have to wait till Christmas and hope Santa will bring me a 1000-5. WOW....every thing I ever wanted in a Side by Side ! I guess I'll just have to play with my OLD 700 p4 until then.

Reactions: catman and Dragon21
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!