Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
H
So I had issues with Honda's bag hanging so low into the rear view when I installed it on the P5's cage bar. I came to this solution though there are no doubt other possibilities.

I just used a piece of 1-1/2" thin wall PVC capped on both ends and painted black, secured by two 1-1/2" PVC strap clamps attached to the roof with two 1/4x20x1" elevator bolts with rubber seals. It is mounted 3-1/2" higher than it was and well above the Honda roof so that I can see behind me in the rear view mirror again. Also, the lower bar where it originally hung provides support at the bottom so that it doesn't list forward at the top pushing rearward at the bottom, or essentially, more vertical.

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

Great idea Monte ! I need to do something like that , the bag definitely blocks my view.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Great idea Monte ! I need to do something like that , the bag definitely blocks my view.
Thanks, with the glove box, I have all I need at my fingertips while riding. Things I keep in the rear bag, t.p, flagging tape, leatherman, USB cables, bungees, etc., are things I tend to get when I'm not riding.

Reactions: Chooglin
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Good idea. One reason I never considered the bag was the issue of lost vision.
Right, same thing if you hang it on the front bar. And it competes with the rear view mirror there besides being right in your face.

Last edited:
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 17609 HView attachment 17610 View attachment 17611 View attachment 17612 So I had issues with Honda's bag hanging so low into the rear view when I installed it on the P5's cage bar. I came to this solution though there are no doubt other possibilities.

I just used a piece of 1-1/2" thin wall PVC capped on both ends and painted black, secured by two 1-1/2" PVC strap clamps attached to the roof with two 1/4x20x1" elevator bolts with rubber seals. It is mounted 3-1/2" higher than it was and well above the Honda roof so that I can see behind me in the rear view mirror again. Also, the lower bar where it originally hung provides support at the bottom so that it doesn't list forward at the top pushing rearward at the bottom, or essentially, more vertical.
That is a heck of a good idea but it covers the warning label on the inside of the roof which is the same as removing the label from a mattress so you will be going to jail.

Alan

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That is a heck of a good idea but it covers the warning label on the inside of the roof which is the same as removing the label from a mattress so you will be going to jail.

Alan
Alan, you're a hoot this week!

advertisement
FuzzyGrub

FuzzyGrub

Sep 19, 2014
Rural NY
www.joefishin.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, it is a P5 with Honda hardtop from the first year of release. I'm not sure, but your top and/or roll bars might be slightly different.

The golf club tubes and black elec tape was because I didn't want to paint it. ;) the pvc tube wedges between the hard top and roll bar, ie fits in the corner. No holes to drill.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, it is a P5 with Honda hardtop from the first year of release. I'm not sure, but your top and/or roll bars might be slightly different.

The golf club tubes and black elec tape was because I didn't want to paint it. ;) the pvc tube wedges between the hard top and roll bar, ie fits in the corner. No holes to drill.
I see, got it. I bought mine within two months of Honda rolling them out so I'm sure we're all the same. Thanks for adding yours to this thread FG.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Right, same thing if you hang it on the front bar. And it competes with the rear view mirror there besides being right in your face.
I was able to cinch it up pretty tight using lower buckles too, only thing that hangs down are zippers. It doesn't move at all.
Modified Honda rear view mirror because it sits too high anyway...incorporated the mirror mount and roof mount together.
Made a bracket that pushed it out and dropped it down to where it's actually useful.
Mirror should be slightly above eye level and not so close to your head, like in a car.
It's still under the roof but would have to swing it in with full windshield.
Every rear view mirror set up I tried for the P5 sucked...mod it.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was able to cinch it up pretty tight using lower buckles too, only thing that hangs down are zippers. It doesn't move at all.
Modified Honda rear view mirror because it sits too high anyway...incorporated the mirror mount and roof mount together.
Made a bracket that pushed it out and dropped it down to where it's actually useful.
Mirror should be slightly above eye level and not so close to your head, like in a car.
Wow, you and I did exactly the same thing. I'll post a pic of mine tomorrow. I agree, I didn't like it so close to my face.

Reactions: trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It's about 3" lower and 5" farther forward on the vehicle out of my face. Sounds like you may have went even farther forward. I have the full windshield so it's the max I could go.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 17730
It's about 3" lower and 5" farther forward on the vehicle out of my face. Sounds like you may have went even farther forward. I have the full windshield so it's the max I could go.
I used a piece of U-shaped steel and cut a bracket.
Only had to drill one hole, other two holes lined up
to connect the roof clamp to mirror clamp.
Mirror

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I used a piece of U-shaped steel and cut a bracket.
Only had to drill one hole, other two holes lined up
to connect the roof clamp to mirror clamp.View attachment 17750
Is there screws in the corner of the metal that makes contact with the roof? I like the dice. ;)

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is there screws in the corner of the metal that makes contact with the roof? I like the dice. ;)
No, those screws don't contact the roof at all.
They have lock washers and nuts on the back side...just to fasten the two brackets together.
I had to get creative on that front bar to make everything fit.
SSV Works leaves one tight slot in the middle for your roof clamp...but I have the mirror and bag too.
I like to decorate with all kinds of goofy sh**...every hill and hole is a roll of the dice! :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, those screws don't contact the roof at all.
They have lock washers and nuts on the back side...just to fasten the two brackets together.
I had to get creative on that front bar to make everything fit.
SSV Works leaves one tight slot in the middle for your roof clamp...but I have the mirror and bag too.
I like to decorate with all kinds of goofy sh**...every hill and hole is a roll of the dice! :D
Sounds great to me trigger.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!