P500 Do the P500 and P520 share the same roll cage?

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I found this aluminum roof panel for a good price: Pioneer 500 Aluminum Roof

The stock Honda roof is too expensive in Canada and I'm fairly certain I'll be a long order so I've been exploring other options. Problem is a lot of sites will have only the P500 and even older years listed. The aluminum roof above fits the 2016-2019 P500. I'd like to assume it'll fit the 2021 P520 as well, but only if the roll cage is the same shape.

Anyone know if the cage is the same in the P500 and P520? Thanks. This'll be my last pestering for at least a week. I promise. :)

trx_racer

trx_racer

Apr 26, 2021
Ohio
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Same shape but it has 3 gussets added. Look for them on the front left upper corner and just below the rear upper net mounts. The Honda roof is the same part number for both the 500 and 520.

20210915 014832

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I have that same roof on my 2016 P500. The roof has 3 attaching clamps on the front and rear straight horizontal bars. The outboard clamps fit pretty close to the intersection with the outboard bars. Judging from the picture posted by @trx_racer , it looks like there would be no clearance problem with the clamps on the rear bar. The gusset on the front bars (pictured) does not look like it wraps around as to cause any interference. Even if it did, I don't think it would be more than 1/8" thick, and that should not be a problem.

duhmojo

duhmojo

Jun 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks guys. I think I'll be ordering it today then.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!