Honda cabin comfort installation

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello All,
I had the cabin comfort and clutch update done by our local Honda shop recently. The heat issue really didn't improve as far as I can tell. Is this all they do for the heat fix?

IMG 2736 IMG 2737

Paulswa1

Paulswa1

Feb 18, 2016
Strawberry AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the mod
Hello All,
I had the cabin comfort and clutch update done by our local Honda shop recently. The heat issue really didn't improve as far as I can tell. Is this all they do for the heat fix?

I Had the mod done too and it helped some but I put in some heat shield pad behind the plastic panel between the seat bottom and seat top and cut a piece of carpet for the same panel that fits between the seats on the inside and that helped more. I also wrapped the exhaust with exhaust heat tape and that helped as well.

E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yup. That's it. A piece of rubber with numerous holes, but not where you need them for servicing the sub-transmission. All I can say is go on-line on eBay and get a 4 inch bilge fan. Mount it to left side pulling heat away from the exhaust and rear of seat. When we hit 80 degrees we felt some discomfort and turned on fan for just a few minutes. Cooled it down till we were crawling again, then put it back on. Easy install, and cheap. If you spend $35 you spent too much. That includes fan, wire, switch and strap to hold fan.

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Yep, that’s all it is. It does a decent job at keeping steam from coming up into the front if you get in water but at the cost of channeling it all right in to your rear passengers face if anyone is back there...lol.

I had mine install last fall so couldn’t really tell how it work till now but I will say this. Surprising it does help keep heat from being transferred into the seat and into the back of the middle passenger. But as for raident heat it doesn’t do that awful much.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yea that's all it is. Adding a fan under the seat is the best solution and does the trick. You can even add a vent to blow warm air into the cab in winter if that's something you need.

No machines are perfect. These machines need the clutch update and a fan. You're half way there. They are a fantastic machine afterward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

suebell

suebell

Jul 29, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Hondasxs what do you think of the cooling fan?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The cabin comfort along with the heat shield has really helped but if you have a full windshield you are going to feel some heat. I recently went from the Honda windshield to the Super ATV flip windshield. Yesterday went riding in high 90* weather and never noticed heat except for the few times I would close my windshield .... I noticed it get warmer almost immediately.

quickfish

quickfish

Sep 14, 2016
Kent, WA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yup. That's it. A piece of rubber with numerous holes, but not where you need them for servicing the sub-transmission. All I can say is go on-line on eBay and get a 4 inch bilge fan. Mount it to left side pulling heat away from the exhaust and rear of seat. When we hit 80 degrees we felt some discomfort and turned on fan for just a few minutes. Cooled it down till we were crawling again, then put it back on. Easy install, and cheap. If you spend $35 you spent too much. That includes fan, wire, switch and strap to hold fan.
Or go to eBay and get the reversible fan and blow the heat out in the summer and blow the heat in the winter

Reactions: Smitty335
Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn

Jan 12, 2018
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had this exact question today. I put in my vent kit and had the seat off...
Dissapointed to say the least!

Anybody have a link to the reversible fans, or something I can purchse to solve once and for all.

Thanks!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!