P500 Honda front OEM bumper with KFI mount

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve got my winch installed and mounted finally. I have always planned on adding the Honda OEM front bumper eventually. So today I got to looking at the mounting instructions for this Honda bumper here on the forum. From the looks of it I will have to disassemble the winch and KFI mount to install the Honda bumper. Anyone confirm this? I see no other way around it. Oh well. If that’s what I have to do I will. It wasn’t overly complicated or hard to install the mount and winch. But time is money right.

B19B6ED0 A241 4555 AE82 483F07D97A2B

Reactions: Bastardchild
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good HP! Yes, you'll take the stock bumper off to put on the brush guard type. Same KFI bracket works though and you shouldn't have to remove the winch, just the two wiring connections. When I take my front bumper off the winch comes with it.

Front End Fixed

H

HP5NC

May 27, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good HP! Yes, you'll take the stock bumper off to put on the brush guard type. Same KFI bracket works though and you shouldn't have to remove the winch, just the two wiring connections. When I take my front bumper off the winch comes with it.

View attachment 90425

Thanks trigger. So just undo the two power wires on the winch and the KFI mount and winch all stay on together to install the front brush guard/bumper?

Also tell me more about the diamond plate I see on yours!?!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
There is also two u bolts, can't remember if they came with the winch bracket or the bumper. They're a pita until you've taken it apart 10 times. :rolleyes:
Just thin aluminum, shape, cut and fit. Sprayed with Line X which is awesome, it's taken a beating.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!