P1000 Honda Hardcoat or SuperATV Flip out

Seth14

Seth14

Oct 30, 2021
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just as message says what is the better choice picking up a 1000-5 deluxe this weekend and got a honda one I can buy at the dealer and a Honda hard roof. Just dont want to have buyers remorse on the windshield.

thanks
B
I have a Honda flip out window, and the one thing I don’t like about it, is that the supports for the flip are directly over top each cup holder. Rendering them not very useful. It looks like Super ATV does not do that. Seems like Honda missed that one.

S

scdaf

Mar 31, 2021
central Washington
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remember, if airflow in high heat is a problem, the Super ATV windshield opens quite a lot farther. On the other hand, The top half of the Honda windshield comes completely off in about a minute, without tools.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Just as message says what is the better choice picking up a 1000-5 deluxe this weekend and got a honda one I can buy at the dealer and a Honda hard roof. Just dont want to have buyers remorse on the windshield.

thanks
B
I vote for SATV flip up, being down here in Fl it's nice to ride with it open and quickly close it when you come up on any low hanging branches or what not. That windshield can take a beating, and it's just plain nice to adjust any way you want "quick"

advertisement
I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don't buy the Honda windshield. SuperAtv flip up all the way. Take it from someone that did buy the Honda and Regrets it, and has replaced it with the SuperAtv. Buy it right or buy it twice...

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got the Honda windshield and it’s ok, I added the extension brackets from PBR to let it open more, but that puts the bottom edge of the top half directly in my line of sight. The super ATV opens fully and was what I was going to change to, but I ended up doing the solid glass super ATV one because NC just passed a law making SXS’s street legal. I think the super ATV one is better especially if you live in FLA. congrats on the new buggy, and pics or it didn’t happen.
#NTC

B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picking it up this Saturday over in Arkansaw. @Ridinfool share the NC laws . We are looking at mountain property in the tri state area NC GA and TN. TN seems to have not been as bad as the other 2 in the political realm though. Sorry to go there but you cant talk about squat today without the political realm having an effect.

Reactions: Ohio4x4 and Lady01
I

Ingfam

Apr 13, 2018
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two things that really drove me away from the Honda 1) it don't open enough to keep dust down. 2) it fell apart on me while on a hunting trip.

Reactions: Lady01
B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can understand that. It doesnt matter what you buy in todays market if you do not have competent people you are buying from that do a true checklist for the assembly you are in a bad way . Plan for me is to go stupid ...... not full bore stupid .... but get things like trail armor skid ,winch ,switches ,fox qs3s ect on black friday sales. I will run the stock tires and rims untill We move to stage 2. I will let the rugrat drive it on our 3 acre property in turf mode on the grass untill all the black friday crap is installed and I check everything with the old hand torque wrench so I dont have anything falling off . I ( If it falls off hopefully I can find big pieces in the yard) After that we can go full bore retard .

I have owned many hondas in the powersports industry. I have never had a "catastrophic failure" that was not of my own fault .

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently purchased the SATV flip and it's great for airflow, and that is very important seasonally. However, one thing no one mentions is all the warnings you get when you actually receive it. You are not supposed to use wipers, squeegees, glass cleaner, polish, on and on and on. They recommend ONLY a soft, clean cloth with mild soapy water to clean. It doesn't say that on their website (that I could see), but it does when you get the windshield...which seems a bit shady to me. This limited cleaning method is fine at home but not always practical on the trail. And it irritates me they don't want you to have wipers for rain. The windshield is tough, but I already have those spiderweb scratches and a few branch deep scratches in mine even though I've been super careful. I also have a Honda full glass windshield and that has ZERO scratches. Just have your eyes open about the SATV flip...they are picky about how you clean it. You can bring a spray bottle with soapy water and microfiber cloths on the trip to clean. Also, it is not easy to install or remove. Just giving you some honest feedback to consider. Most on this forum LOVE the SATV flip.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I do agree, the cleaning information is hidden, but it is there if you dig for it.
I have the SATV flip, I guess we will see this winter how well I like it.
Have a good day

B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do agree, the cleaning information is hidden, but it is there if you dig for it.
Have a good day
satv window showed up here today !

C

Cobber4082

Lifetime Member
Mar 26, 2019
Solon Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
satv window showed up here today !

Have a good day

I have had really good luck with using simple Pledge furniture polish - have used for years on motorcycle shields as well. I also do the plastics of the body with it... obviously not cleaning mud/grit -but bug splats, and general trail dust it works fine in my opinion -clean rags and buff til clear/dry.

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
B

BlownCJ

Oct 23, 2021
Northwest Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had really good luck with using simple Pledge furniture polish - have used for years on motorcycle shields as well. I also do the plastics of the body with it... obviously not cleaning mud/grit -but bug splats, and general trail dust it works fine in my opinion -clean rags and buff til clear/dry.
I concur DR always used pledge on my googles under the tear offs back in the day when ships were made of wood and men were made of steel ...

Reactions: SuperATV and Lady01
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!