P500 Honda loans - Tax?

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
So I called a dealer in Maine about a new 2015 P500 they have listed for $7699. I'm from CT. I asked about it being tax-free. The dealer said that because my loan will come back to Connecticut that I would be charged CT tax on it from Honda. I just wanted to see if anyone else has bought from out of state and has experience this on their Honda loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Dasmoeturhead

Not sure how Honda Loans roll, but I've bought probably 4 vehicles out of state (most financed), and if the state I was living in had a State tax, then no matter how good a deal I got, I still had to pay taxes when I brought it back to my state.
Now this info regards vehicles that have to be registered. Now if a State doesn't require an ATV/UTV, then I guess you wouldn't pay any taxes in your home state.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Called Honda powersport loan Dept. They couldn't give a straight answer. Said it was up to the discretion of the dealer? So basically if I buy say in tax free NH and reg only in NH but live in CT I will eventually get charged tax?

D

Dasmoeturhead

Called Honda powersport loan Dept. They couldn't give a straight answer. Said it was up to the discretion of the dealer? So basically if I buy say in tax free NH and reg only in NH but live in CT I will eventually get charged tax?

I would say yes if you have to register it.

Reactions: sharp
E

Edog

Jan 7, 2016
As soon as you register it in CT you will have to pay CT sales tax, unless you paid a sales tax somewhere and can proof it, then you only pay the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Put a chicken or a goat in your back yard (farm) and you won't have to pay a tax.

Reactions: Edog
knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
In Florida if you have 5 acres or more or say that you do then you don't have to pay sales tax it's considered farm use

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!