P1000 honda oem heater?

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Anyone have the OEM heaters installed and how are u liking them so far? I plan on getting one installed before next winter and the soft doors etc. But If u guys aren't liking them then Ill do like I have for years and do without??? Review please thanks for your time!! p.s its all or nothing I assume. I can't imagine getting doors and enclosing it without heat I would assume windshield would fog up

Last edited:
pct

pct

Lost in the hills
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 10, 2016
Letart WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Checkout summit racing they have a nice heater with defrost kits I put one in a reeper we had works great

Reactions: dale5740
Up2It

Up2It

Jan 9, 2016
Calgary Alberta
We have it in ours. The heat is welcome but can't overcome all the air gaps. I think first order of business is better/ different soft doors. Additionally the hard door lowers let in a lot of air as well. The Honda heater is pricey, not sure if it really is worth it.

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
We have it in ours. The heat is welcome but can't overcome all the air gaps. I think first order of business is better/ different soft doors. Additionally the hard door lowers let in a lot of air as well. The Honda heater is pricey, not sure if it really is worth it.
how does it do with keeping the windshield defrosted? does it blow hot air right onto the windshield

T

tiny53901

Jan 1, 2016
I have hard doors, glass front and rear windows with the heater, terrible design all around. It does not keep the windshield clear at all or the cab warm.

Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I have hard doors, glass front and rear windows with the heater, terrible design all around. It does not keep the windshield clear at all or the cab warm.
I have the same crap too. I have to wear gloves because of all the damn freezing air coming through the shifter opening. What a joke!
I hope it gets warm soon so I can take it all off.

T

tiny53901

Jan 1, 2016
I have the same crap too. I have to wear gloves because of all the damn freezing air coming through the shifter opening. What a joke!
I hope it gets warm soon so I can take it all off.
I found out last weekend when it gets warmer out and you do some road riding hot air comes out that same hole. And the passenger seat gets VERY hot. I thought my passenger was bullshi**ing me until I put my hand on the seat.

Reactions: HBarlow
Kingmudd

Kingmudd

Nov 22, 2015
I found out last weekend when it gets warmer out and you do some road riding hot air comes out that same hole. And the passenger seat gets VERY hot. I thought my passenger was bullshi**ing me until I put my hand on the seat.
It seems to me that nobody at Honda tested a full cab system in the cold. They would have frozen their right hand off from wintertime ac coming out of the shifter and then they would realize that the heater is worthless also.
They obviously didn't test it in the heat either if the damn seat burns up.
I talked to my dealer today and they told me they have talked to Honda about sealing up the dash. The reply from Honda was they are looking at it so maybe fix will come by next winter.

Reactions: tiny53901
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
hopefully its a fix that we can apply and not something they change in a mold for the new ones

dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I can see it now 2 years we will be cussing cause of all the new changes they made form our feedback lol

Reactions: pct and CashMoney
J

jokerperry

Nov 16, 2015
Alberta Canada
I had the heater installed cost a small fortune for the heater, switch and the install and it's terrible. I don't think it will hold up to the northern Alberta winters.

Reactions: HBarlow
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
I had the heater installed cost a small fortune for the heater, switch and the install and it's terrible. I don't think it will hold up to the northern Alberta winters.
what would make it better more fan speed?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
64 degrees currently, just got back from a trail ride as a passenger in my own machine And the heat coming from the seat burnt my arm without touching it! Time to insulate before it gets any warmer!

T

tiny53901

Jan 1, 2016
Take heater out of a polaris ranger and rig up some type of real defrost, on second thought put the ranger body on the pioneer chassis since the honda cab system is junk

J

jokerperry

Nov 16, 2015
Alberta Canada
The fan speed is okay but the only option is high and low the vents are located in the worst spots not even pointed at the windshield like you would expect and the heater is located under the drivers seat. Look how Polaris does their heater it's a thing of beauty.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I believe the OEM heater @ $800 plus install is way too much, go with the Summit Racing or Motoalliance firestorm heaters with the 28,000 btu output They may both may be the same core but would be less than 1/2 of what Honda is asking.

J

jokerperry

Nov 16, 2015
Alberta Canada
I believe the OEM heater @ $800 plus install is way too much, go with the Summit Racing or Motoalliance firestorm heaters with the 28,000 btu output They may both may be the same core but would be less than 1/2 of what Honda is asking.
$1100 for the heater $480 for the switch plate and $700 for the install is what I paid that's Canadian

Reactions: Hawk53
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
$1100 for the heater $480 for the switch plate and $700 for the install is what I paid that's Canadian
Dealer in Athabasca sells accessories installed. Meaning you do not pay the labour to install .

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!