P1000 honda oem heater?

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey, any newer reviews on Hondas heater? I’m considering it on my 2023 1000-3.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, Any recommendations for Heaters? Im adding the heat shield and hard rear panel soon. Getting chilly up here in Canada.
Don't add the heat shield until spring. Seal around the instrument cluster and the shifters. what do you have for a windshield and doors? you may want to seal up the gaps around those as well. I have the hard doors and hard mid panel Honda roof and windshield. The new heater has a defrost vent up at the bottom of the windshield as well as a cold air return system. Like I said it's ok but you are not going to drive around in a tee shirt. I added a fan to blow on the windshield to help defrost before everything warms up

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On my 2023 my dealer told me that they don't recommend the honda oem heaters and prefer to install Inferno Max which is what mine got. I would assume that they must be somewhat reputable in that regard because they would make more money selling the oem heater than the inferno because the install is so much more intensive with the oem heater and the inferno must really be better. With the oem hard cab so far, although it hasn't been bitter cold here in MN yet, I have found it to be good so far. After 20-30 minutes on high I will usually get warm enough to turn the fan on low. The bigger issue is the leaky cab and all the cold air that comes in through the shifters and everywhere else.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
On my 2023 my dealer told me that they don't recommend the honda oem heaters and prefer to install Inferno Max which is what mine got. I would assume that they must be somewhat reputable in that regard because they would make more money selling the oem heater than the inferno because the install is so much more intensive with the oem heater and the inferno must really be better. With the oem hard cab so far, although it hasn't been bitter cold here in MN yet, I have found it to be good so far. After 20-30 minutes on high I will usually get warm enough to turn the fan on low. The bigger issue is the leaky cab and all the cold air that comes in through the shifters and everywhere else.
what he said - u can buy a $150 heater coil from summit, legs, amazon, + hose \vent kits and some ingenuity and get the same thing - best value for a heated cab is to buy a jeep

• Haha
Reactions: CJQuig
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Don't add the heat shield until spring. Seal around the instrument cluster and the shifters. what do you have for a windshield and doors? you may want to seal up the gaps around those as well. I have the hard doors and hard mid panel Honda roof and windshield. The new heater has a defrost vent up at the bottom of the windshield as well as a cold air return system. Like I said it's ok but you are not going to drive around in a tee shirt. I added a fan to blow on the windshield to help defrost before everything warms up
IMG 3370

Just back from cabin. Just purchased new cover..,,Kolpin mid-size dust/rain cover

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!