Honda pioneer 1000-5 transmission

C

Chrisdecker

Feb 17, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi I'm chris I have a Honda 1000 it's got like 35000km and yesterday I was backing out of the shop I heard a knocking sound almost like a gear was slipping or falling out.Once I put it in forward low or high it works great did the clutch recalls a couple years ago and last year the shifting motor gave up so yea just wondering what this could be thanks.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi I'm chris I have a Honda 1000 it's got like 35000km and yesterday I was backing out of the shop I heard a knocking sound almost like a gear was slipping or falling out.Once I put it in forward low or high it works great did the clutch recalls a couple years ago and last year the shifting motor gave up so yea just wondering what this could be thanks.
35000km or 3500km?

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Either way at least do a clutch relearn if you haven’t already.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wh
En the shift motor gave out what was your symptoms? Did it still kind of work, do you remember any codes that came up? Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm working on an issue at the moment.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes!

wow! Thats alot of Km’s. Nice to see someone from Alertastan! Home of zip ties N bias plys and PC lite! For those of u in Reo Linda thats Alberta Canada and show on Lube tube and politically correct beer!

Sounds like u need to do what @TripleB said, a trans relearn. With that many KM’s shes bound to get out of wack!

So with that many KM’s we most Definitely more than ever need.......
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

C

Chrisdecker

Feb 17, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ill send pics ltr. So we took the sub trans apart and the the reverse gear dogs were chipped of and rounder on the end. So we took a the dogs and machined em so there square again and she works like a dream now
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes!

wow! Thats alot of Km’s. Nice to see someone from Alertastan! Home of zip ties N bias plys and PC lite! For those of u in Reo Linda thats Alberta Canada and show on Lube tube and politically correct beer!

Sounds like u need to do what @TripleB said, a trans relearn. With that many KM’s shes bound to get out of wack!

So with that many KM’s we most Definitely more than ever need.......
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

C

Chrisdecker

Feb 17, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wh

En the shift motor gave out what was your symptoms? Did it still kind of work, do you remember any codes that came up? Sorry to hijack the thread but I'm working on an issue at the moment.
When the shifting motor went it wouldnt shift it would get stuck in a gear never the same sometimes 1 sometimes 5 or 3 watever do we took the shifting motor off and took it apart and cleaned it up put it on haveb4 had an issue since

advertisement
C

Chrisdecker

Feb 17, 2021
Alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20210222 174533
20210222 174625
20210222 174612

Youngone

Youngone

Dec 4, 2020
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats why I run Honda to get that many KM and no real large issues. Nice unit

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!