Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bet that will really take off in AK.
I would think so. I love the machine, but would really like more low end power. At least one person has commented on other threads that they've had issues in the muskeg up here. It can really bury a machine. I try to just blaze a trail around the bad stuff. Being fully skidded is a saint and a devil up here. It's great for those hidden boulders, but sucks because you end up sitting on top of things rather than digging down to something solid to get out.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
I'm definitely a novice on things like this. Once I decide to do it, and I'm pretty sure I will, I am either going to enlist the help of a motor head friend or see if one of the local aftermarket shops will give me a decent deal on the teardown and re-install. Hell, it might be something they can work with the inventor on and do it for more local people up here.

There is a guy named brett a mechanic doing an install for mark powell off the Facebook page.
Brett Is in east Texas and said he's willing to do the installs in that area for a descent price.
If you need his number let me know.

Also working on a lower percentage gear reduction for the guys that want to run stock tires or 28's and give the clutch a much needed breather. Shooting for no cutting of the case .

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There is a guy named brett a mechanic doing an install for mark powell off the Facebook page.
Brett Is in east Texas and said he's willing to do the installs in that area for a descent price.

Also working on a lower percentage gear reduction for the guys that want to run stock tires or 28's and give the clutch a much needed breather. Shooting for no cutting of the case .
Chris, I'm in Alaska.

Reactions: Scooterchris
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on a side note, this whining sound is something I have complained about since my machine was new. It seems to be worse in this video. Did the gear reduction make it worse? Any idea what causes it? I would love to find a way to lessen it if possible.

S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015
on a side note, this whining sound is something I have complained about since my machine was new. It seems to be worse in this video. Did the gear reduction make it worse? Any idea what causes it? I would love to find a way to lessen it if possible.

It's just the video making it worse. It's just a tiny bit louder than stock.
Guys wanted no belt so you got gear on gear.
It's gonna have a whining sound.

Biggest thing is the amount of weight and mass removed off the crank and clutch. Thing revs quicker and then has 25 percent reduction. Makes it a monster

Reactions: Plumber32
S

Scooterchris

No longer active.
Dec 25, 2015

Springer
Straight cut gears is what makes the whining sound in the pioneers. Kinda like what they use in a manual transmission for reverse

Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Hopefully someone else in AR will get one so I can watch them install it on theirs first so I'll know what NOT to do

Yeah call me when that happens I wanna see as well Jonesboro here

Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

Where at in east TX?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A Internal Gear Reduction for the Honda Pioneer 1000 has been developed.
  • 25% INTERNAL Reduction
  • Top Speed on Stock - 53MPH.
  • OEM Gear Quality.
  • Can be installed with general mechanic tools.
  • Detail instructions included.
  • Must ship Clutch Gear Hub and Clutch Cover Spacer Assembly to NC for machining.
  • Small side effect, auto mode only works up to 95 percent of throttle.
  • Full auto shifting piggyback fix in testing phase
  • Performance videos coming soon!
Cost is $850 for parts and machining services
Requires Clutch Gear Hub and Clutch Cover Spacer Assembly to be removed and mailed to Mt Olive, North Carolina for work. 1 week turn around time.

Install Service,
Machine can also be delivered to Mt Olive, NC and installed by the designer.
Additional install cost is $500.

Contact @Scooterchris for ordering details or give me a call - 386-457-0893
Thanks.

Pictures of what needs to be shipped to NC for machining.
View attachment 26557 View attachment 26558
What's different, parts wise?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Kilo427

Kilo427

Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015
Just got the machine broke down tonight can't seem to get clutch and packs apart. I sit here with a pile of parts pins and god knows what else and I have to think to myself what the hell. Now don't get me wrong I'm one to always jump in feet first but I'm afraid this time I may be drowning. Worst is I don't trust dealerships further than I can throw Rosie O'Donnell so I may be bringing Honda foreman to the pioneer take over in April lol!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@Scooterchris Keep us updated on the lower percentage reduction please. I'm thinking I might stay in the real 28" range. Not sure yet. I have time though.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Scooterchris Keep us updated on the lower percentage reduction please. I'm thinking I might stay in the real 28" range. Not sure yet. I have time though.

What AK said! I'd be more interested in this as well

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got the machine broke down tonight can't seem to get clutch and packs apart. I sit here with a pile of parts pins and god knows what else and I have to think to myself what the hell. Now don't get me wrong I'm one to always jump in feet first but I'm afraid this time I may be drowning. Worst is I don't trust dealerships further than I can throw Rosie O'Donnell so I may be bringing Honda foreman to the pioneer take over in April lol!

Try this thread from @CumminsPusher It might help you out.

P1000 - Honda Pioneer 1000 Clutch Replacement - A How To Guide!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I didn't catch this thank you @AKRider.
By now you probably have the basket off not if not they do come apart but it's easier with a second set of hands. The tolerances are very tight but you won't need a press. just take your time and keep your cool lol. Once it moves a little it falls off. I had a little trouble myself the first time and if you look at the pics there's a pretty simple solution using a socket just make sure it's sitting on smoothly so you don't mar anything.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't catch this thank you @AKRider.
By now you probably have the basket off not if not they do come apart but it's easier with a second set of hands. The tolerances are very tight but you won't need a press. just take your time and keep your cool lol. Once it moves a little it falls off. I had a little trouble myself the first time and if you look at the pics there's a pretty simple solution using a socket just make sure it's sitting on smoothly so you don't mar anything.

I missed it too. I swung by here because I wanted to msg Scooterchris about keeping us posted.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does the frame have to be cut for the install? That could be a deal breaker.

Apparently it's just a brace for the rear floor

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotcha. For resale purposes, surely there is a way around this? I wouldn't want to feel the need to disclose the fact that I had cut the frame under the floorboard in the past if I were to turn around and sell it down the line.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!