P500 Honda Pioneer 500 Dual Front & Rear Wheels?

HaggyGP

HaggyGP

Jun 27, 2019
Grande Prairie Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Has anybody given thought to doubling up on the wheels? I came across the attached picture... the squirrels are turning the wheels in my mind! Would the P500 even have enough power/torque for this combination?
67460426 10157896597029617 1388274691541565440 n

Reactions: Gassygordo
tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Why would you want dual wheels? They are on trucks to increase the load capability. I have never heard of an ATV tire failing due to excessive load being placed on it.
I know from experience that dual wheels are worse for traction in snow and soft soils. Mud, snow or sand can get caught between the tires when the vehicle is moving in these types of soft soils; they create a “suction” that drags on the wheels and makes getting stuck more likely. Many owners of large trucks and motor coaches are switching to "super singles" for this reason.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks unique, but a front locker is the way to go to improve traction, IMO. Thanks Torq-Masters.

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Why would you want dual wheels? They are on trucks to increase the load capability. I have never heard of an ATV tire failing due to excessive load being placed on it.
I know from experience that dual wheels are worse for traction in snow and soft soils. Mud, snow or sand can get caught between the tires when the vehicle is moving in these types of soft soils; they create a “suction” that drags on the wheels and makes getting stuck more likely. Many owners of large trucks and motor coaches are switching to "super singles" for this reason.
But they are on tractors to increase traction and flotation.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!