P500 Honda Pioneer 500 High Speed Gear Set Video

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks for posting Mike. It was not worth the risk for me to post it lol.

I guess it is a little work but at the end of the day, especially if you sucker a good friend to help you with it, its a good time and you get to know your machine a bit more.

I was shooting to get each part edited within two weeks but I am trying to get them out faster. 👍

You're very welcome!

I greatly appreciate the content and the work you're putting into these videos. It's helping me get an understanding of what's involved to complete the project! Fantastic Work!
Thank you!

I write reviews on performance equipment from time to time. I spend an astronomical amount of time writing and researching each piece. The last one I wrote was on my custom turbocharged tractor...Lots of time and effort! I really appreciate what you're doing!

Mike

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
When you want to tackle a serious mod, do this one.
20201228 170302
Turning the 475cc into 518cc using all OEM parts.....
20201211 172719
This one was a bit more involved 😬

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Very nice! Good luck with the project!

I’m thinking you just need to find a way for me to put a 1,000cc in the P520! 😂

Mike
That was from a year & half ago, it worked out well. I would like to stick a Talon engine in one though 🤔

S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
That was from a year & half ago, it worked out well. I would like to stick a Talon engine in one though 🤔

LOL Its funny how it does not seem like it was that long ago when I was pulling parts and measuring mounts to put a 800r can am into a rhino. Back then there were really only two options at the time, a pushrod RZR, or a Rhino. Now that we have so so many great options for side by sides, swaps don't seem as viable as they once were.

Not saying I would not love to see a Talon Pioneer lol, just saying that now we have so many neat rides out there now.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
LOL Its funny how it does not seem like it was that long ago when I was pulling parts and measuring mounts to put a 800r can am into a rhino. Back then there were really only two options at the time, a pushrod RZR, or a Rhino. Now that we have so so many great options for side by sides, swaps don't seem as viable as they once were.

Not saying I would not love to see a Talon Pioneer lol, just saying that now we have so many neat rides out there now.
If I can find a wrecked one at a decent price...... Franken-Donkey!😈

S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks I hope you guys enjoy them! I posted a little “public service” on a battery/charging issue we had at the last min I would strongly advise anyone doing the mod to watch it. It’s linked to the end of that part 4 and in the playlist but I’m probably going to relabel it part 4.5 lol. The test vid is pretty fun I’m editing it out as much as I can late lights bit by bit.

LandofCheese

LandofCheese

Apr 11, 2022
Wisconsin
I have got to say your videos have been great! i new of the mod for a while now but always thought it was too much for me.... but it looks like if you take your time and pay attention to details its not too bad. How man man hours total did you have in this project? I'm looking forward to your results video!

S

slydogge

Jul 3, 2022
Pensacola fl
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks guys for the comments but If you comment on the video it will help others who are not on this forum (great forum now that I’ve gotten to look around) find the video. Likes and comments help YouTube know what are good videos or not according to what I have read. Only reason I’m doing them is to help folks out so I would like for anyone looking for mods to find the video of course.

How long does it take? That’s not an easy question for me to answer.

I could tell you no time at all you will be done faster than you think! You can easily do it in one day on the weekend with a friend. This all is dependent on your competence as a tech though ya know? For example, I did this video thinking, “hey I’ll be able to do a video in no time for this mod.” 10 filming days (after real work) and the video is
done LOL. Audio and video problems out the rear trying to get it decent. Not even going to get started telling you about editing with all those cameras.

IM SURE a pro film guy would tell me, “filming that video will be a easy you could do it in one day on the weekend with a friend!” LOL

EVERYTHING IS RELATIVE! 😆

I do think though that if you follow the video it really is an easy mod for a novice to do and I think it would be a personally satisfying modification for a novice to tackle. 👍👍

Reactions: lee and Smittyp
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
This has been a really fun series to watch. That eing said, I'm really interested in part 5. That is the one I need to see just to find out if the results are tangible enough for me to tackle this.

I appreciate how much time goes into filming and editing. I captured still pictures for my thread, and that was troublesome at times.

I still can't believe that to make the P500/520 faster, it can't be done with just a software update to eliminate the 39mph cap. I don't need my P520 to go 60mph, but 39 is very slow. 50mph and I would be really happy for those times I need to run down the faster roads near me.

Rob

R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
This has been a really fun series to watch. That being said, I'm really interested in part 5. That is the one I need to see just to find out if the results are tangible enough for me to tackle this.

I appreciate how much time goes into filming and editing. I captured still pictures for my thread, and that was troublesome at times.

I still can't believe that to make the P500/520 faster, it can't be done with just a software update to eliminate the 39mph cap. I don't need my P520 to go 60mph, but 39 is very slow. 50mph and I would be really happy for those times I need to run down the faster roads near me.

Rob
Totally, 100% agree.

I have a good machinist locally that could easily manage the gear modification but, I hate that I can't have the gears machined before I start the project....And, I'd probably have a really hard time getting all the wiring back in the correct places, lol

50MPH would be pretty much perfect.

Mike

Reactions: crewcabrob
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Totally, 100% agree.

I have a good machinist locally that could easily manage the gear modification but, I hate that I can't have the gears machined before I start the project....And, I'd probably have a really hard time getting all the wiring back in the correct places, lol

50MPH would be pretty much perfect.

Mike
20180723 140423
Would 48 mph be close enough? This is after I first did the mod 3 or 4 years ago. I have hit 52 with me and my wife in it a few times since but don't have a pic of it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!