Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
5c914793bb1beimage

Honda of South Carolina says it knows who took the unauthorized photos of its new Talon side-by-side sports vehicle inside its Timmonsville factory.

Honda said in a federal court filing last week that it identified the photographer and deposed him on July 30. Honda also sent a subpoena to the photographer’s current employer seeking further information. Responses to that subpoena are due Tuesday and a federal judge gave Honda until Sept. 11 to file a complaint that names the defendants.

Honda previously obtained the identities of two people who posted Talon photos and specifications to online forums devoted to power sports vehicles.

To date, they have been referred to only as John Does. #1, #2, and #3.

The Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X are Honda’s first foray into the “sport” side-by-side market, which features high-precision off-road vehicles for more than one passenger. Honda said it invested more than $45 million in a new 115,000-square-foot facility off Interstate 95 to build the Talons.

But before their official launch on Nov. 27, photos and detailed, confidential information about the Talon models started showing up on Internet site hondasxs.com

The manufacturer says the Internet postings violate state and federal trade secrets laws, as well as breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty laws. Honda has been investigating the unauthorized photographs and postings since its lawsuit was filed in January.

The manufacturer is seeking unspecified actual and punitive damages, as well as attorney’s fees.

Source - Honda SC says it's closing in on corporate spies

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You should add a poll on if it hurt or helped sells. I think it helped sells.

Also I bet they hate every time someone sues them over something stupid. To be clear Honda this is something stupid.

I hope they come out of this ok.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
You should add a poll on if it hurt or helped sells. I think it helped sells.

Also I bet they hate every time someone sues them over something stupid. To be clear Honda this is something stupid.

I hope they come out of this ok.
Probably stopped quite a few people who were going to buy something else and convinced them to wait. I'm fully convinced some of the "spy shots" come directly from manufacturers.

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Probably stopped quite a few people who were going to buy something else and convinced them to wait. I'm fully convinced some of the "spy shots" come directly from manufacturers.

Until this I really thought Honda did it and I for one thought it was a smart idea to drop it on this Forum. (Your loyal base)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I heard they caught John Doe #2 with a offer of a free cheeseburger.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Actually he is a Hardee's Frisco burger aficionado.

You could gladly dispose him Tuesday for a Frisco burger today. :p

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 148499
Honda of South Carolina says it knows who took the unauthorized photos of its new Talon side-by-side sports vehicle inside its Timmonsville factory.

Honda said in a federal court filing last week that it identified the photographer and deposed him on July 30. Honda also sent a subpoena to the photographer’s current employer seeking further information. Responses to that subpoena are due Tuesday and a federal judge gave Honda until Sept. 11 to file a complaint that names the defendants.

Honda previously obtained the identities of two people who posted Talon photos and specifications to online forums devoted to power sports vehicles.

To date, they have been referred to only as John Does. #1, #2, and #3.

The Talon 1000R and Talon 1000X are Honda’s first foray into the “sport” side-by-side market, which features high-precision off-road vehicles for more than one passenger. Honda said it invested more than $45 million in a new 115,000-square-foot facility off Interstate 95 to build the Talons.

But before their official launch on Nov. 27, photos and detailed, confidential information about the Talon models started showing up on Internet site hondasxs.com

The manufacturer says the Internet postings violate state and federal trade secrets laws, as well as breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty laws. Honda has been investigating the unauthorized photographs and postings since its lawsuit was filed in January.

The manufacturer is seeking unspecified actual and punitive damages, as well as attorney’s fees.

Source - Honda SC says it's closing in on corporate spies
Sounds like there is going to be a lot of trouble for someone over a few photos!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!