Future Honda set to release a 6 SEAT PIONEER 1000!

dougclind

dougclind

Jul 6, 2018
Roan Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thing I'm most curious about here is the width, because the 1000-5 isn't really a 5-seater unless you have a child or pretty small person in the front middle.

Imagine they flared the back doors and squeezed another flat seat between the two. lol
Have to disagree slightly Dave. My wife, 5'5" and 130# (don't tell her I said so!) sits quite comfortably in the middle front seat. We frequently run with 3 in the front. But I'll have to admit they're always short trips. There's nothing for the middle person to hang on to except the other passenger. Which of course could be a plus, depending. :)

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Honda had better improve the clutch before coming up with a 6 seater. It's already too prone to slip and overheat.
My guess is that the changes made to the 22 were done in preparation for this new model.

Reactions: Vikes79 and ChadD
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The main use for a 6 seater around where I live are construction sites. Farmers mostly use 2 seaters. Most construction sites use rental Polaris Rangers. I've never seen a Pioneer at any of the petrochem sites we frequently visit.
I have 13 grandkids under 14 years old. Grandpa and Mimi do a lot of riding with the grandkids!

advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That'll be a undertaking, the controller and motor are combined in '22 models. It might take a wiring harness or more to get it to work
That's going to be a struggle with the new dash and likely a change in speed signal for torque output. I can't steer 30s hardly at all in 4x4 with the quick ratio RB3 rack but it drives so nice on trails.

I'll have to pull up the schematics

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

That's going to be a struggle with the new dash and likely a change in speed signal for torque output. I can't steer 30s hardly at all I. 4x4 with the quick ratio RB3 rack but it drives so nice on trails.

I'll have to pull up the schematics

If you get the chance to drive a '22, don't it makes older models feel like they don't have power steering.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you get the chance to drive a '22, don't it makes older models feel like they don't have power steering.
I just went from no power steering to the SuperATV kit in my wife's 2015 Wildcat. I feel more like hers with none than hers with power steering.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have never driven a pre 22 model but I can say the steering is easier than anything I've driven, car or truck

Reactions: ChadD and Jankyeye
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I guess you don't know what you're missing if you have a 16-21. I think my PS is just fine on my 1000-5. No complaints whatsoever. I'm going to have to try a 22 someday

Bombardier Convert

Bombardier Convert

Oct 3, 2021
Minnesota USA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I guess you don't know what you're missing if you have a 16-21. I think my PS is just fine on my 1000-5. No complaints whatsoever. I'm going to have to try a 22 someday
I have a '21 1K3 and love it. The power steering this one has is just right I think. Very easy on the arms and still have some feeling of the trails. There would be no way a 6 + seater would have been able to travel on some designated utv trails I was just on a couple days ago. Very tight corners and narrow gate entrances. Good luck with that 6+ seater.

Reactions: ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!