BOX1

P1000 Honda split windshield vibration

R

ronbarn

Jul 13, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have Honda OEM split windshield anybody have ideas to stop vibration when open? No support in middle

Reactions: Isaiah
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have Honda OEM split windshield anybody have ideas to stop vibration when open? No support in middle

honestly...it’s a airflow problem.

A stiffener across the face width wise to minimize the deflection is about the only other solution.

I just drive and ignore it...but I only use my windshield in the spring / winter.

Reactions: Isaiah
R

rickoshea

i haven't noticed any vibration on mine,but i have my rops clamps on really,really tight.it was a real bugger to get it all lined up and i didn't want it to shift.i pushed it out at the bottom center and then clamped it and adjusted everything from there.i did get a squeak at the top left corner,but a piece of the soft side of some hook and loop stuck to the cage cured that.

S

SCA

Sep 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
honestly...it’s a airflow problem.

A stiffener across the face width wise to minimize the deflection is about the only other solution.

I just drive and ignore it...but I only use my windshield in the spring / winter.
I used a piece of 1/2X1/2 aluminum angle across the window at the lowest part of the window before it angles out to to meet the lower window. I used 1/8 in pop rivets to attach it.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made a wood brace for mine with a v on 1 end for mine, problem solved

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!