P1000 Honda split windshield vibration

R

ronbarn

Jul 13, 2020
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Have Honda OEM split windshield anybody have ideas to stop vibration when open? No support in middle

Reactions: Isaiah
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Have Honda OEM split windshield anybody have ideas to stop vibration when open? No support in middle

honestly...it’s a airflow problem.

A stiffener across the face width wise to minimize the deflection is about the only other solution.

I just drive and ignore it...but I only use my windshield in the spring / winter.

Reactions: Isaiah
R

rickoshea

i haven't noticed any vibration on mine,but i have my rops clamps on really,really tight.it was a real bugger to get it all lined up and i didn't want it to shift.i pushed it out at the bottom center and then clamped it and adjusted everything from there.i did get a squeak at the top left corner,but a piece of the soft side of some hook and loop stuck to the cage cured that.

S

SCA

Sep 7, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
honestly...it’s a airflow problem.

A stiffener across the face width wise to minimize the deflection is about the only other solution.

I just drive and ignore it...but I only use my windshield in the spring / winter.
I used a piece of 1/2X1/2 aluminum angle across the window at the lowest part of the window before it angles out to to meet the lower window. I used 1/8 in pop rivets to attach it.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made a wood brace for mine with a v on 1 end for mine, problem solved