Talon Honda survey....

TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
How many got Honda's Talon survey today? Interesting that the meat of the survey questions concerned the shocks. They obviously know there are issues. Maybe something will be done but at least they are asking.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did
Just finished it.
Think it was very similar to Pioneer survey except the shock questions.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Finished mine and hammered home the various common issues in the free form box. Shocks, Air intake, Low Range shift issues, heat/dust, no leg room for us tall Americans, etc.

Hopefully Honda will listen.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
S

SierraRoller

Jan 25, 2020
Reno, nv
Ownership

1. Talon X
I just finished my survey. It looks like Im going to be rich since they want to pay me for future surveys. haha

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I didn't get a survey (perhaps because I'm not the original owner) but I did get an email from Honda Powersports highlighting their 2021 Live Valve Talons.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Got one as well. Mostly about shocks. Submitted.

jonacombs

jonacombs

Dec 18, 2019
Ga
Ownership

1. Talon R
I got mine also. I hope they don't decide to go with their own honda branded shocks.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
What are the "Showa" shocks on the survey. Never heard of.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are the "Showa" shocks on the survey. Never heard of.
Common brand on performance motorcycles. HRC was something like half their business if rumors are true.

Reactions: Vondy
Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
How many got Honda's Talon survey today? Interesting that the meat of the survey questions concerned the shocks. They obviously know there are issues. Maybe something will be done but at least they are asking.
Hummm... I haven’t received one yet. Wish I would since I just got my $1300 Shock Therapy treatment done and back. I’d like to offer my opinion to Honda about the absolute need to change out the factory springs and valving, not to mention the horrible air intake location. But, if you’re expecting Honda to offer up a fix for the Talon you may currently own... don’t hold your breath. If you buy a new 2022 Talon you’ll probably see the fruits of your survey comments.

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
I found it interesting that most of the questions about shocks was how you felt about various brands not what you thought of the Fox shocks on the machine. My guess is they are looking at another manufacturer and want to find out how people feel about brand names. That does nothing to improve the Talon.

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
I found it interesting that most of the questions about shocks was how you felt about various brands not what you thought of the Fox shocks on the machine. My guess is they are looking at another manufacturer and want to find out how people feel about brand names. That does nothing to improve the Talon.
That’s interesting... like Fox can’t make an acceptable Shock or suspension calibration? I’m thinking mother Honda had a whole lot to do with what Fox did with the shocks on the Talon... if they are even actually Fox built and not just rebranded with the Fox name.
All I know is the Shock Therapy treatment is immediately noticeable!

C

CincyCuda68

Sep 27, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
That’s interesting... like Fox can’t make an acceptable Shock or suspension calibration? I’m thinking mother Honda had a whole lot to do with what Fox did with the shocks on the Talon... if they are even actually Fox built and not just rebranded with the Fox name.
All I know is the Shock Therapy treatment is immediately noticeable!
I’m skipping ST, mine are going out to Weller. Fox makes them, the podiums are on multiple brands of SXS, the biggest issue is they are setup and valved to Honda specs. I don’t mind that they chose the spring rate and valving that they did because I would have them reworked anyway. Manufacturers cant set them up for how a single person rides or where they ride. My biggest beef is the lack of adjustment, wish they had the hi-lo and rebound adjusters.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m skipping ST, mine are going out to Weller. Fox makes them, the podiums are on multiple brands of SXS, the biggest issue is they are setup and valved to Honda specs. I don’t mind that they chose the spring rate and valving that they did because I would have them reworked anyway. Manufacturers cant set them up for how a single person rides or where they ride. My biggest beef is the lack of adjustment, wish they had the hi-lo and rebound adjusters.
My Elka's do, but there on a P1 and not really enough travel to fully utilize all the adjustments? Sure helped though!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!