BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

T

TalonOwner

Nov 6, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon R
Do you happen to have instructions for mounting the 40” Honda light bar on the Aluminum roof? I see you posted for the plastic roof! Thanks in advance

H

HondaTech

Do you happen to have instructions for mounting the 40” Honda light bar on the Aluminum roof? I see you posted for the plastic roof! Thanks in advance

If you look at page 3 of the light bar instructions you'll see they show the mount in "Original Roof Configuration" and below that they show "Aluminum Roof Configuration".

I've never installed one of those, but it looks like it mounts around the roll cage and then you use the bracket to mark and drill 4 holes for the clamp to go through the roof. The only thing that changes is the spacers between the mount halves.

T

TalonOwner

Nov 6, 2019
New Mexico
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you look at page 3 of the light bar instructions you'll see they show the mount in "Original Roof Configuration" and below that they show "Aluminum Roof Configuration".

I've never installed one of those, but it looks like it mounts around the roll cage and then you use the bracket to mark and drill 4 holes for the clamp to go through the roof. The only thing that changes is the spacers between the mount halves.
Oh man I see that now. Sorry I didn’t see that. I really appreciate your knowledge and help Amigo. Thank you. I’ll get to work on it and get it installed.

H

HondaTech

Oh man I see that now. Sorry I didn’t see that. I really appreciate your knowledge and help Amigo. Thank you. I’ll get to work on it and get it installed.

I've installed very few of these accessories personally myself, other than the usual windshield, a-arm, trailing arm guards, side skids, or rear panels.

T

TahoeMike

Feb 25, 2020
West Sacramento, California
Ownership

1. Talon X
I really appreciate the work done in posting all these installation instructions. Surprising Honda was not willing to put instructions in the box with the item. It's not like they are selling the parts super cheap and they had to cut corners. I'm such a dummy it took way longer than I want to admit that I was trying to install R trailing arms on my X! Now another trip to swap those out.

M

MrTidd

Mar 5, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon R
Let me do some digging on what the switch panel and horn entails. The P1K horn I belive had it's own button for placement near the steering wheel. The Talon may be different, I haven't had time to look at much of the accessories. Everyone we've sold so far has left with their stuff still in boxes or with none at all.
I am having the same problem with honda talon parts diagrams for wiring up the accessories, to work from the key on ,and added accessories like windshield wiper kit heater kit , plow winch, and turn signal kit /with horn ,back up lights ect…the drawings you get from honda are so not detailed you cant make out what you are looking at . And what kind of connector’s are they using? all i can say is i have spent so much time researching what to buy or not buy for this talon 1000 r . Good luck to all

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I am having the same problem with honda talon parts diagrams for wiring up the accessories, to work from the key on ,and added accessories like windshield wiper kit heater kit , plow winch, and turn signal kit /with horn ,back up lights ect…the drawings you get from honda are so not detailed you cant make out what you are looking at . And what kind of connector’s are they using? all i can say is i have spent so much time researching what to buy or not buy for this talon 1000 r . Good luck to all
Well I learned the hard way also, buy anything through the Club Store here that they have, comes with printed diagrams and help is one phone call away and you will talk to the man. not some automated horse poop answering machine. I'm a slow learner!

Reactions: MrTidd
M

Mars2002

Sep 6, 2022
North carolina
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon X LV
Looking for instructions for fender flares oafs-hl6-a01 . Thanks for any help

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!