BOX1

Honda Talon 1000 Accessory Installation Instructions

HondaTech

Working For Mother Honda!!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Posting Talon Accessory Instructions, @Hondasxs feel free to sitcky.

I've tried to title them for easy ID. Didn't bother with mirrors as I know most people wont spend the money Honda wants for them anyways and its cut and drive on installing them.

Drop a line if anything is labeled incorrectly or isn't showing up.

Added winch instructions. Warning, they have a few mistakes.

5/12/19 Added Skid Plates, Side Skid Plates, Intrusion Bar, Cargo Box and Half Cargo Box

11/09/19 Fixed Windshield Wiper not working

Attachments

Last edited:
box4

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Talon 4 Seat Specific Instructions Below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BWAF

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
All this and I just got to see my first Talon in person yesterday @ Indy SX.

Haven't even got to sit in 1 yet....:(

Tomorrow cant get here soon enough.

box4

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

Do not currently own
Posting Talon Accessory Instructions, @Hondasxs feel free to sitcky.

I've tried to title them for easy ID. Didn't bother with mirrors as I know most people wont spend the money Honda wants for them anyways and its cut and drive on installing them. Winch instructions aren't yet available, will post as soon as they drop.

Drop a line if anything is labeled incorrectly or isn't showing up.
Did you ever find the winch instructions?

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Did you ever find the winch instructions?
Sorry for the wait, I'd forgotten about this post tbh, I plan on posting Winch instructions tomorrow.

Will also post windshield washer as well if its show up yet.

Look in original post for instructions.

Reactions: BWAF and Hondasxs

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

Talon X
Sorry for the wait, I'd forgotten about this post tbh, I plan on posting Winch instructions tomorrow.

Will also post windshield washer as well if its show up yet.

Look in original post for instructions.
HondaTech, you seem to know more than my dealer. Thanks for posting this info. Maybe you can answer a question regarding accessory switchplate with volt meter. I have that Honda switchplate accessory and the Honda horn kit and horn. The two pin connector on horn kit does not have same connector as the five switchplate connectors. What are the five switchplate connectors for if not plugging in Honda accessories?

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Unless they've changed the horn kit from the P1K, it dies not tie into the switch plate setup.

The switch plate is for their light bar, windshield wiper, and whatever else. Usually the switches they use have more pins than necessary to operate the accessory.

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

Talon X
Unless they've changed the horn kit from the P1K, it dies not tie into the switch plate setup.

The switch plate is for their light bar, windshield wiper, and whatever else. Usually the switches they use have more pins than necessary to operate the accessory.
If you sense frustration it is not directed at you. If true, shame on you Honda if the Honda Horn kit does not work with your switchplate. Thanks for answering.

Just so I understand. Honda Talon's rocker switchplate kit supposedly includes convenient connectors made for Honda only accessories (which I understood going in). The HONDA Talon Horn and and HONDA Talon Horn kit HONDA accessory which includes HONDA's wiring harness and HONDA's rocker switch is not made for the HONDA Talon switchplate connectors? You have 5 rocker pin connectors and the horn is going to take one of those 5 slots. So, the horn assembly harness should have the connector to connect to one of those 5 connectors, true? What am I missing? If that horn switch and assembly does not seamlessly connect to the harness why pay $150 for something you can get for $30? The ONLY reason I overpaid was for ease of connection.

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1000-3,
Talon R
I installed the mechanical part of the winch today and attached some pictures since there are no instructions. Remove the bumper with 6 12mm bolts and 4 hex screws. The top hex screws are flanged. I reused all the original mounting hardware. We will see if it’s installed correctly when we get the real instructions. For now it looks like the on line pictures. Tomorrow I will tackle the electrical. You don’t need any of the accessory bumpers. I did order the aluminum one but it won’t be available for a month so the stock will have to do for now. I added the roller and stopper. I did have to buy 4 m8 1.25 flange nuts. I’ll post the electrical tomorrow, unless life gets in the way.

C0BB1F18-CB05-4ED1-AF19-DE2D7645EF67.jpeg 6E70058F-0A8D-4328-A9CD-858734FF50CA.jpeg 8F511EF6-46BC-48C3-9D22-3D8B9D048E5F.jpeg 3C08D642-8B41-4C10-91E0-0CACDD249059.jpeg ADE5C2EE-3383-4924-BEB9-4DB6E211A43C.jpeg ECB20338-02F3-42E0-A5C5-5CF7C78A5EC9.jpeg

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
If you sense frustration it is not directed at you. If true, shame on you Honda if the Honda Horn kit does not work with your switchplate. Thanks for answering.

Just so I understand. Honda Talon's rocker switchplate kit supposedly includes convenient connectors made for Honda only accessories (which I understood going in). The HONDA Talon Horn and and HONDA Talon Horn kit HONDA accessory which includes HONDA's wiring harness and HONDA's rocker switch is not made for the HONDA Talon switchplate connectors? You have 5 rocker pin connectors and the horn is going to take one of those 5 slots. So, the horn assembly harness should have the connector to connect to one of those 5 connectors, true? What am I missing? If that horn switch and assembly does not seamlessly connect to the harness why pay $150 for something you can get for $30? The ONLY reason I overpaid was for ease of connection.
Let me do some digging on what the switch panel and horn entails. The P1K horn I belive had it's own button for placement near the steering wheel. The Talon may be different, I haven't had time to look at much of the accessories. Everyone we've sold so far has left with their stuff still in boxes or with none at all.

HondaTech

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Dec 30, 2015
Winch Instructions still not available.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!