ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneers will have to be the pack mules on the next overland.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I’ll build a trail trailer if I had a Talon, I wouldn’t ask anyone to carry it.

I will not play pack mule again I had everyone’s extra crap on top of mine the second Overland, skid plate was slapping the ground constantly.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All bulls*** aside it’s under 5 hrs till we can find out some real information! Hopefully it’s not just pictures. @JACKAL texted me that those pictures are all fakes anyways:)

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
All bulls*** aside it’s under 5 hrs till we can find out some real information! Hopefully it’s not just pictures. @JACKAL texted me that those pictures are all fakes anyways:)
Hopefully they were fake! That's an ugly girl at the dance sitting on the bench .;)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're forgetting whats behind you. I can do way more work in my P1k than I could ever do with the biggest utility forwheeler out there. Go hunting, haul deer, wood, coolers, whatever I can fit. I got so sick of strapping everything down to the atv just to go hunting. It was that or drive one handed trying not to loose all your s***. Now I just throw my bag in the back and roll.

Honestly, the P500 is my first foray into the utility side of the off road market. Prior to that it was all sport quads and dirt bikes for me. I used the garden tractor and trailer or later on we had a gator for chores. Never considered taking either of those trail riding, but we did use the gator to haul a deer or two to the truck. I do get the crescent wrench use of the Pioneer. I just wouldn't buy a SxS to go hit trails solo. In regards to the Talon specifically, I don't imagine many buyers of them will plan to do much work with them. The Pioneer is a much better fit for that. The better fit for trail riding solo though is still a quad or dirt bike. The Talon should fit the parent/kiddo or bring the spouse with or buddy ride quite nicely though. Ideally, I'd like to have one of everything in the garage. Limited funds and space are always going to cause choices and compromises to be made though. Heck, I had a hitch rigged up on a 250EX for years. It was what I could afford to buy and ride at the time and I still had to mow grass and haul wood. It wasn't the best option for either use, but it worked and I loved it. I miss that little quad at times.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
But its fun to get people riled up ...hehehe

FQY

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I think you're getting a little carried away. I don't see a lot of 500 and 700 owners selling fast. That's like saying everyone with a Ford ranger was gonna sell the day the Ford Raptor came out. Its 2 different worlds. Hell from the looks of it the P500 will haul more s*** on the back than that talon will.
I agree most P500 or P700 owners bought that machine for a reason when the P1K was available, for many it's the cost, big difference from owning a P500 for $160 mo. pmt. and a P700 for $225 mo. pmt. versus $300 to $400 per month it just wasn't in their family budget. Also especially for P500 they serve a niche market and offer a lot of smiles per dollar, especially if you can put it in bed of pickup and still tow a camper etc. I see a lot of them that way particularly with hunters.

I'm keeping my P500 I mow with it and get it really tight spots with it around property. My P1K LE isn't going anywhere, perfect for taking wife, dog, and grandkids out for a comfortable spin. Will sell my 2016 P1K5D, and use that cash to buy a Talon 1000R, even then my only plans are full UHMW armor underneath, a Winch, and probably a windshield since it rains so often here. Beyond that I fully expect the Talon to exceed my needs as a sporty trail cruiser that is a capable rock climber with the extra wheelbase.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't expect it to set any records the first year - historically any "New innovation" takes a while to ramp up while this is not a new platform it is a new platform for Honda and a new platform "without a belt". Just remember the Flat screens and phone you see people fighting over on BF now were new once and it took several years for adoption into market. There are always the early adopters but the Pioneer 1000 has been out there 3 years and just now you see more a few out there when you ride...

Upload 2018 11 27 13 48 37

I hope the Honda does well but first they need to really demonstrate the unmet need this fills in the market.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Like teens on prom night we all just want to see what's behind the curtain of clothes.
I’m curious on the caboose. Wife and I are 50/50 on nose, I really like it she hates it. So far from the side the rear looks like a skinny cat pinching off a turd, need to see more!
And need to see the interior that’s bad ass!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m curious on the caboose. Wife and I are 50/50 on nose, I really like it she hates it. So far from the side the rear looks like a skinny cat pinching off a turd, need to see more!
And need to see the interior that’s bad ass!

Lol...makes me want to crack a joke like it better have cup holders for my Yeti. I bet the glove box isn't Chooglin quality.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!