Talon Honda Talon UPI Inferno Heater with OEM Wiper / Washer Kit

RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
I have been emailing back and forth for several weeks with UPI who makes the Inferno Cab Heater Kits for lots of different side by sides including the Talon. My Talon has the OEM glass windshield with wiper / washer installed. The reservoir for the washer fluid is mounted where UPI's kit normally mounts the heater unit. If you've been thinking about adding a heater to your Talon and have the wiper / washer system installed, there's now a great option for mounting the heater in an alternative location under the hood. UPI has tailored this kit with the wiper / washer setup in mind.

Since most Talons that have the Honda wiper / washer kit installed will already have the OEM Honda switch plate and sub harness, this kit variation for this setup comes with a new plate that goes where the large warning sticker normally is on the passenger side of the dash. This makes for a nice, clean installation that looks factory.

This heater system really pumps out a lot of heat. I didn't have a heater in my previous RZR and always had trouble with the windshield freezing or at least fogging up in the Winter. Looking forward to riding very comfortably in all seasons this year. I got mine direct from UPI, but I know other websites like sidebysidestuff.com also carries them.

IMG 9199
IMG 9211
IMG 9200 IMG 9202 IMG 9203 IMG 9204 IMG 9205 IMG 9206 IMG 9207

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Looks great, thanks for sharing the information and photos.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have been emailing back and forth for several weeks with UPI who makes the Inferno Cab Heater Kits for lots of different side by sides including the Talon. My Talon has the OEM glass windshield with wiper / washer installed. The reservoir for the washer fluid is mounted where UPI's kit normally mounts the heater unit. If you've been thinking about adding a heater to your Talon and have the wiper / washer system installed, there's now a great option for mounting the heater in an alternative location under the hood. UPI has tailored this kit with the wiper / washer setup in mind.

Since most Talons that have the Honda wiper / washer kit installed will already have the OEM Honda switch plate and sub harness, this kit variation for this setup comes with a new plate that goes where the large warning sticker normally is on the passenger side of the dash. This makes for a nice, clean installation that looks factory.

This heater system really pumps out a lot of heat. I didn't have a heater in my previous RZR and always had trouble with the windshield freezing or at least fogging up in the Winter. Looking forward to riding very comfortably in all seasons this year. I got mine direct from UPI, but I know other websites like sidebysidestuff.com also carries them.

View attachment 163088 View attachment 163096 View attachment 163089 View attachment 163090 View attachment 163091 View attachment 163092 View attachment 163093 View attachment 163094 View attachment 163095
Oh wow, mama’s going to love it when I show her that.

What was installation like?

Reactions: RideRed85
RideRed85

RideRed85

Jan 23, 2019
WV
Ownership

1. Talon X
Oh wow, mama’s going to love it when I show her that.

What was installation like?

:DSorry about that! Lol. Installation is pretty easy. The kit comes with detailed instructions / guidelines on how to run the electrical and splice the coolant lines. It's all very straightforward. The hardest part is dealing with the tight areas underneath the dash and trying to mount the louvers. You almost need a second set of hands to pull up on the dash to give room to work. I'm just glad for a nice, clean installation even with the wiper and windshield washer reservoir in there.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
:DSorry about that! Lol. Installation is pretty easy. The kit comes with detailed instructions / guidelines on how to run the electrical and splice the coolant lines. It's all very straightforward. The hardest part is dealing with the tight areas underneath the dash and trying to mount the louvers. You almost need a second set of hands to pull up on the dash to give room to work. I'm just glad for a nice, clean installation even with the wiper and windshield washer reservoir in there.
Great, and how much do I need to ask the banker for......:D

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw in a YouTube review on this heater that it starts to blow mediocre cold air if you are not driving and only idling, Have you found this to be true with your heater

I’ve just about finished the install of this heater into mine, except for the plumbing of the coolant lines. I saw in their instructions that they want you to tap a “y” connector in the clutch oil cooler hose and the radiator hose.

I know the Honda oem way to plumb in a heater on the pioneer is to put the heater in-line with the clutch oil cooler line. No “y” fittings. Granted the heater core was 10-12” from where you would splice into that line. Plumbed that way it could cook you out of the machine even when left idling. Plus it would only suck more heat from the coolant that is going to cool your clutches.

Would love some one else’s input. With the heater core being mounted further away and much higher from the clutch oil cooler coolant supply line on the talon, than it would be on a pioneer. Other than haveing to properly “burp” the air, could this potentially starve the oil cooler of a strong coolant flow or supply?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I saw in a YouTube review on this heater that it starts to blow mediocre cold air if you are not driving and only idling,
Are you referring to the UPI Inferno heater?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you referring to the UPI Inferno heater?

Yes, watch the YouTube video 4 post back. I think it might even be the original posters video. He mentions when idling or not driving hard at 6 degrees it blows cold

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes, watch the YouTube video 4 post back. I think it might even be the original posters video. He mentions when idling or not driving hard at 6 degrees it blows cold
Ok thanks. I’ll watch it. Hopefully I won’t be inspired to go out and ride on days when it gets below 20*

Reactions: Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Nevertheless too cold to be riding. I’ll do other things then. Like pull it in the shop and do mods and maintenance. :cool::)

Those temps aren’t as often seen where I ride. So what I’m really saying anyway is that the UPI will probably suite us well.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Nevertheless too cold to be riding. I’ll do other things then. Like pull it in the shop and do mods and maintenance. :cool::)

Those temps aren’t as often seen where I ride. So what I’m really saying anyway is that the UPI will probably suite us well.
HA! Mulberry ride 2019, 13 degres, no heater or windshield, just the will to ride and stupidity! HA!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
And you haven't insulated your well house? HA!
Actually, I got all the batt insulation up this morning, R-30 in the ceiling and R-19 in the walls before I got snowed out. Tomorrow I will install the R-10 1” rigid foam sheeting over all that. It will be like an igloo. I left a heat lamp in the ceiling fixture and a very small forced air heater set to low when I left.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!