Talon Honda Talon UPI Inferno Heater with OEM Wiper / Washer Kit

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
IMG 20200108 181835

Here's what I came up with. I cut the bottom piece off the bracket. Flipped it around and welded it back on. You can't weld it 90* though because it won't fit over the tube.

IMG 20200108 191157

For the reservoir, I mounted it vertical, off the same tube, it won't suck the tank completely dry, but there is only an inch or 2 below the suction.

Jefferson87

Jefferson87

Dec 27, 2019
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon x4
So did anyone feel like this heater wasn't big enough?

After putting on the enclosure and sealing most of the holes in the firewall, I still feel like it doesn't change the temp inside the cab that much, if any. Mine is a 4 seater, so I added the kit they sell to extend to the rear seats, but those vents just barely blow since they're robbing from other vents. I feel like I need to go with a bigger unit, or just ad another heater to really make a difference.

JimH1

JimH1

Sep 27, 2016
Duluth MN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It sure looks like water and mud could get into that fan where it is located.

R

RKwate

Jun 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I have the Inferno heater mounted in the same location as the picture above, and I don't want to move it out into the elements. I don't have a problem changing the intended location of the reservoir or deleting it all together. But my question is whether the wiper motor and the bracket will mount to the frame with the heater in place, either with no modifications or with slight modifications, like lowering the heater an inch. If anyone has that setup and could post a picture, that would be great. I want to make sure the wiper motor will fit before I shell out $600. Thanks, Rob.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!