Honda Warranty Statement

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Just spoke to customer service and there is no Honda Warranty Statement for the Pioneers.

No where can you read what exactly the warranty is on your pioneer.

He told me it's one year on the machine and longer on the emissions. I asked him if I can get a copy of what he was reading and he said no. I asked him for a publication number from Helm Inc. and he said it didn't have one.

Why the ambiguity of the Honda warranty?

Honda PE and GP Engines have one that is given with every purchase. Too crazy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just spoke to customer service and there is no Honda Warranty Statement for the Pioneers.

No where can you read what exactly the warranty is on your pioneer.

He told me it's one year on the machine and longer on the emissions. I asked him if I can get a copy of what he was reading and he said no. I asked him for a publication number from Helm Inc. and he said it didn't have one.

Why the ambiguity of the Honda warranty?

Honda PE and GP Engines have one that is given with every purchase. Too crazy.
Clearly the warranty isn't worth the paper it would be wrote on I guess.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Clearly the warranty isn't worth the paper it would be wrote on I guess.
That's a sad statement. When you buy a $150 GP Engine, you get a warranty statement but not when you are spending 10k to 20k. I can only surmise it's for the benefit of the dealer trying to sell an extended warranty. Uncool.

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
S

Smuel

Oct 22, 2020
Bartlett Tennessee
Ownership

1. 500
It is a waste of money in my opinion, honda pioneer is very reliable and just don't break down.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You can request one. There suppose to be available.
The customer support person could not send me one, email me one or direct me to an online source.

The warranty ambiguity is very odd.

advertisement
mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The DEALER is required by FEDERAL law to make available to consumers the various Warranty policies of AHM produced vehicles sold in the USA. HONDA is REQUIRED to make these policies available to the dealers to distribute to potential customers.

The Pioneer has two warranty policy statements that are relevant:

HONDA SXS Limited Warranty
and
Emission Control System Warranty

Any HONDA dealer, worth their salt will make these available and SHOULD even have them posted in the showrooms. If they do not or cannot supply, you need to RUN, not walk away. When I was in the business, we had these framed and posted in conspicuous locations in the store.

HONDA also used to makes these available to dealers, in printed form in pads of 50 so to a pad.

Anyone who tells you that they "cannot furnish a copy of the warranty" is full of crap.

Reactions: Jerryg
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
This is a correct link to Honda's warranty for a Honda Pioneer:

I don't have any experience with a warranty claim on my Honda Talon but I did have experience with a warranty on a new Honda Goldwing. In my experience the Honda manufacturer's warranty is good as gold.

Honda will cover a defective component that fails in normal use but don''t expect Honda to cover a component that failed due to abuse or neglect.

T

Toml500

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2019
Knoxville
Ownership

1. 500
Bought the extended warranty for my 2019 p500. After almost a year and 234 miles I noticed the paint peeling and chipping on the hood. It's camo so I took the hood to the dealer , he took pictures and the mileage and sn . In about a week they called and said my new hood was ready to be picked up. Was very happy with the outcome.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This is a correct link to Honda's warranty for a Honda Pioneer:

I don't have any experience with a warranty claim on my Honda Talon but I did have experience with a warranty on a new Honda Goldwing. In my experience the Honda manufacturer's warranty is good as gold.

Honda will cover a defective component that fails in normal use but don''t expect Honda to cover a component that failed due to abuse or neglect.
That is not a Warranty Statement, this is:

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I see no mention of Pioneer or Talon off-road vehicles in your link. Do you?

Your link is a warranty statement covering Honda engines like those used on lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.
My point is that I want to see the "warranty statement" on the Pioneer.

I can't find one on line, nor can customer service, any ideas?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
The "warranty statement" you are looking for may or may not exist. i suppose you can continue your search indefinitely if you wish.

This statement is provided in the link I posted:

" Extent of Coverage
A HondaCare Protection Plan covers you for mechanical failures as a result of defects in materials or factory workmanship, with no additional out-of-pocket costs. Coverage is similar to the Honda Limited Warranty coverage you get with a new Honda; however, tires, batteries, audio equipment and accessories are not covered. Every HondaCare Protection Plan is good across the country, and replacements are always made with Honda Genuine Parts."

That seems pretty clear to me. Honda doesn't list every covered item or every exception.

I can tell you how the Honda warranty is implemented. A Honda dealer will inspect and identify the problem. The dealer's personnel think it should be covered under warranty, a tech, shop foreman, or service manager will call their counterpart in Honda HQ. For a Goldwing that was Los Angeles. If Honda's manufacturer's rep agrees it is a covered failure,, he will release theThe part and it will be shipped.

Honda is a very conservative company. They will provide complete warranty coverage as described above.

Reactions: Adam490
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My personal opinion is to not rely on the warranty. I’ve had some really bad luck trying to get factory issues fixed. They can pick and choose what they will cover or what they get out of, can even use location, usage, setup or social media as a determining factor on coverage.
Best few things someone can do is pick a brand with the least problems (almost always Japanese) and a dealer with good pull on the manufacturer that actually gives a s*** about the customer, and try to stay with a model that’s been out for a bit and problems addressed. The Pioneer line is pretty stout now with the 1000 issues addressed, 700 and 500 were always strong. Do at least the minimum maintenance on those rigs and go ride imho.

Last edited:
R

rickoshea

so far i've supported my dealer by going thru him for maintenance items and assorted aftermarket stuff and in turn he's looked after me when it comes to getting me in and taken care of without issue.i believe smaller shops notice that kind of thing.i didn't buy my machine from him but he services it exclusively now.he's more about service than sales.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!