P500 Honda Winch

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hi! I just put $$$ down on a '17 500 pioneer I ordered the Honda winch 2500 and just concerned it's not too small, especially if stuck in the mud.
If it's too small, what manufacturer makes the Honda winch?
Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting great ideas from this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JTW

Pretty sure it's Warn.. I put a Superwinch Terra 35 on my p500.. the price was right. I think you'd be happy with the 2500 depending on how much you intend to use it.. but happier with a 3500lbs.

Reactions: CURTK and Jshell3
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The accessory winch is a Warn Provantage series, just has a Honda label on it. We've installed lots of them and haven't ever heard any complaints about it not being big enough. I know many members on here use a 3,500 minimum, and many use a 4,500.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
The 2500 will lift your p5 straight up a tree .

Reactions: CURTK
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Went to my dealer and requested a 3500. He said no problem since I've been a customer for 47 years at no charge.
That's a good decision. I used my Superwinch 3500 synthetic for the first time yesterday. Broke through a crust of frozen snow and was buried. I set the winch 6 times and pulled the P5 out about 110 m. The winch worked pretty hard but never slowed down. It had about a 5 -10 minute break between winching in full reels of rope. It barely warmed up. I'm not sure that a 2,500 lb winch would have been as happy.
FYI. Al

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW
C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Saw my dealer today at a farm show. He told me he got me a Moose 3700 winch. Is it a Reliable winch and is it made by Warn?
Thanks!

Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Saw my dealer today at a farm show. He told me he got me a Moose 3700 winch. Is it a Reliable winch and is it made by Warn?
Thanks!

Superwinch makes that for Moose. It's the same thing as the Superwinch Terra 35. I know alot of people like Superwinch and feel the Terra is a superior winch to a Warn Provantage. But myself, cost not being a factor, I would want a Warn.

Reactions: CURTK

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!