P1000 Honda wont start. Found rat inside the machine.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
New wire dyes are soy based, so they are tasty. Particularly the blue ones. (no joke). Check every wire you can find on the entire machine! Good luck.
Tasty wiring in a vehicle.....😳😳😳

Who’s idea is that....🤔

I’ve had 3 blue wires eaten......🙄

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I've posted this before:
Honda rodent tape, part #4019-2317
It's laced with capsaicin to deter chewing
View attachment 214068

This guy is cheaper:
View attachment 214069
Well, the cat was free but my wife has been feeding him canned tuna, so not so cheap after all.
That’s cool. A lot of the wires are very difficult to get that on but it sure could help wherever possible. 😎 Wish Honda just used it on everything at the factory...👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 0860silverado
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I got in my Honda yesterday and went to start it. It cranks but it but never actually starts. I saw the gas gauge only had a bar and thought I'd check the gas tank just to make sure and when I went over to the passenger side to take the lid off, I see a rat tail right by the cap. After that I'm going with the assumption that the rat chewed something up. I've looked under the hood and under the dump bed. I believe the rat was making a home in the compartments behind and under the front seat. What is the best way to troubleshoot this? Should I be looking for specific wires?

Machine is a 2018. Honda Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Cant think of any reason why it wouldn't start other than the rat. Machine has less than 1000 miles on it and is primarily used around the property and city streets.
Lots of different things in combination to engage the never ending battle with the rodents. Many mentioned here, I also pull the hood and seat, and raise the dump bed when the SXS is going to be setting more than a week or two. Helps eliminate the cozy nest building sites.....

Btw, I’ve cursed all rodents to hell. Just not certain when they’ll be delivered......🤷‍♂️

Reactions: 0860silverado
M

MonoJoe

May 11, 2019
Calif.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have found that Moth Ball seam to detour Mice and Rats

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NO poison please! Bad stuff for a pet that finds that poisoned mouse/rat and then suffers immensely. No one ever wants to witness the effects on your loved dog/cat.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!