Calendar HondaSXS Club Ride Pioneers on the Paiute Sep. 21st-24th 2018... [Sep 21, 2018] (Marysvale, UT)

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Full

Please register below, We would like to know who is attending and what machine they are riding.
PICTURES FROM THE RIDE --> Pioneers on the Paiute Official Picture Thread

Lizzie and Charlie P1Lizzie and Charlie P2 Lizzie and Charlie P3 Lizzie and Charlie P4

OK, Everyone, there will be updates during the next few weeks but wanted to get the dates out now for reservations for those that know they will go. Please consider this a working draft. :)

Our first Club Destination Ride will be in the Paiute Trail System with basecamp in Maryvale, Utah having Lizzie & Charlie's RV & ATV Park hosting us. All members who call please state you are with the HONDASXS.COM group ride to receive the 10% discount. There is no cancellation penalty with 14+ days notice only 50% down to hold reservation.

WHAT: HONDASXS.COM club ride in 3 million acre BLM area Paiute Trails

WHERE: Maryvale, Utah / Lizzie & Charlies RV Park 99 S Main St, Marysvale, UT 84750 Phone: (435) 326-4213 Lizzie and Charlie's RV and ATV Park

WHEN: September 21st through 24th 2018

Ask for Milo at the below number, mention your with Hondasxs group ride for 10% discount. Winter contact numbers below.

20171107 141335

What to expect; This is a 2200 mile trail system in a 3 million acre riding area 12x bigger than Royal Blue, base camp elevation is 6400 ft. with highest trail on main loop at 12,400 ft. elevation several others over 10,000 ft with amazing views. Trails in general are FAR easier than Royal Blue but the scenery is beyond compare there are mining camps, cabins, old railroads to check out that have been preserved and background stories for each. Time on trails will typically be all day for decent loops from and returning to camp from 70-130 miles each day of EASY riding. Thousands on miles of side trails to explore.

This is a Pioneer 500 paradise with many 50" gated trails to explore, bigger machine can always connect with other end of 50" trails usually in good time / distance.

More info on the area see here: Multi - Ride Report - Paiute Trails / Central Utah

Cost to Ride is a $30 Annual sticker to state of Utah per machine NOT Person

The below Cabin / House spots will fill up quickly after Christmas, so reserve early if you are pretty sure you are going and need one of the cabins, RV spots will be plenty available.

To make reservations to attend call the number below, tell them you are with the HONDASXS.COM group ride for the 10% discount. Ask for Milo if leaving message, office is not staffed during winter they check messages daily and WILL return your call.

Phone: (435) 326-4213

Lizzie and Charlie's RV and ATV Park

The currently have available (Click here for detailed description of each unit ) Lizzie and Charlie's RV and ATV Park
10 - cabins that sleep 2 plus a third on a futon if needed.
2- 2 bedroom unit that sleep 4
1 - 3 bedroom unit that sleeps 8
Dozens of RV full hookup spots
6- tent camping spots

Lizzie and Charlie Page Home

Lizzie and Charlie MAP

I will be there starting Monday 9/17/18 through Tuesday 9/25/2018 Anyone wanting to come longer and pre run is welcome.

Trail Maps by National Geographic these are super quality plastic coated maps HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for each machine / group going out. 708 Paiute ATV Trail (Fish Lake National Forest, BLM) Trail Map
Item [HASHTAG]#708[/HASHTAG]

708 Paiute ATV Trail (Fish Lake National Forest, BLM) Trail Map

Waterproof • Tear-Resistant • Topographic Map

With over 2,500 miles of trails and roadways available for motorized use, Fishlake National Forest is an extraordinary destination for Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) enthusiasts. National Geographic’s Trails Illustrated map of Paiute ATV Trail combines unmatched detail with helpful information to offer an invaluable tool for exploring this remarkable region of Utah. Created in partnership with local land management agencies, this expertly researched map features key areas of interest including the Tushar Mountains, Piute and Otter Creek reservoirs, the Pavant Range, Fremont Indian State Park, and a portion of Fish Lake.

In addition to the Paiute ATV Trail, the map includes portions of the Great Western Trail and the Fillmore, Marysvale, and Richfield ATV loops. Trails are clearly marked according to difficulty and with mileage between intersections to help you plan your excursions. The print version of the map includes over a dozen town access maps that include the services available in each town. The map base includes contour lines and elevations for summits, passes and lakes. Many recreation features are noted as well, including campgrounds, trailheads, interpretive trails, boat launches, and fishing areas.

Every Trails Illustrated map is printed on "Backcountry Tough" waterproof, tear-resistant paper. A full UTM grid is printed on the map to aid with GPS navigation.

Other features found on this map include: Awapa Plateau, Circleville Mountain, Delano Peak, Dixie National Forest, Fish Lake, Fishlake National Forest, Pahvant Range, Parker Mountain, Piute Reservoir, Tushar Mountains.

General Group Ride thoughts. The main loop Paiute Trail 01 is a 275 mile loop that allows for the "Loop" to be divided up into 4 quadrants for 4 days of riding, each quadrant is unique terrain, scenery. and POI's As such with the map above and the well marked trails smaller groups and go off into each quadrant elimination long lines and dust of huge groups. Due to the elevation you will typically get 20% better mileage per tank than what you experience on eastern mountain trails.

Equipment
A completely stock machine will have no problems however I would suggest full coverage skid plates due to very rocky terrain and 8 ply radial tires with a spare or a plug kit and 12v air compressor. Other than that SXS can be street legal in UTAH if yours is set up in your home state it will likely meet the requirements. Unless you are drawing unwanted attention to yourself and have the Utah OHV sticker visible on Roll Cage most LEO's will simply wave at you. I have found them to be very friendly.

Area Info Maryvale is a very small town the closest Walmart for example is in Richfield about 45 miles (a 90 min drive) There are 9 small towns in the main loop or just off of it with ATV friendly routes for food, fuel, lodging, etc. Both Richfield in NE quadrant and Beaver in SW quadrant you can drive right down off mountain trail fast food drive through and back into the trails. It can be in the 30"s when you get up and be 65 degrees by 10 AM once sun comes over mountain peak into valley. Also Snow can be common anytime above 9500 feet which is often :) Bring cloths for a winter snow ride that can be dressed down to a nice fall day, temps can vary 40 degrees from camp to trail peaks.

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Work in progress for this weekend been away for last 10 days.
Will be adding some updates. Just want to get the info public for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hoping to have a decent turn out, but the wife and I will be there no matter how many or few show up. I need to get a pretty close headcount by July so I can plan for the meal on Saturday night at the hosting campground, they usually have a Saturday evening feed anyway all summer long for $5 a head but was wanting to get them to add a few more things for us.

Glad to here of some intrest, it is a far drive about 1600 miles from TN, but trust me it is worth the trip even if you only go once, for those not on a tight schedule may even tray MOAB 3.5 hours away as we head back east for a day or two, will just have to see how things sort out.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Hoping to have a decent turn out, but the wife and I will be there no matter how many or few show up. I need to get a pretty close headcount by July so I can plan for the meal on Saturday night at the hosting campground, they usually have a Saturday evening feed anyway all summer long for $5 a head but was wanting to get them to add a few more things for us.

Glad to here of some intrest, it is a far drive about 1600 miles from TN, but trust me it is worth the trip even if you only go once, for those not on a tight schedule may even tray MOAB 3.5 hours away as we head back east for a day or two, will just have to see how things sort out.
It's only 958 miles from our new home in Vancouver Washington! ;)

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
for those not on a tight schedule may even tray MOAB 3.5 hours away as we head back east for a day or two, will just have to see how things sort out.

@JACKAL If I can swing the time Moab sounds good.
Just as a point of conversation, one of the guys that I used to work with thought highly of riding at the San Rafael Swell.
He thought enough of it he quit and moved back to Utah. (It's kind of funny, most of the people I work with are really in to off road)

I ordered the FunTreks ATV guide for Moab.

ATV Trails Guide Moab, UT - FunTreks

I like there guide books.
Also ordered the Kalifornia one.
My daughter has been listening to my Dads stories about camping with his old Jeep.
By the time I was 12 years old I had spent 8 thanksgivings camping in Death Valley. (my poor Mom is Japanese and didn't know camping was not part of the thanksgiving tradition)
So on my families Christmas trip to Arizona this year my daughter wants to see the 'moving' rocks at the Devils Race Track.
It will be interesting to see how the Acura MDX dose getting back there.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@JACKAL If I can swing the time Moab sounds good.
Just as a point of conversation, one of the guys that I used to work with thought highly of riding at the San Rafael Swell.
He thought enough of it he quit and moved back to Utah. (It's kind of funny, most of the people I work with are really in to off road)

I ordered the FunTreks ATV guide for Moab.

ATV Trails Guide Moab, UT - FunTreks

I like there guide books.
Also ordered the Kalifornia one.
My daughter has been listening to my Dads stories about camping with his old Jeep.
By the time I was 12 years old I had spent 8 thanksgivings camping in Death Valley. (my poor Mom is Japanese and didn't know camping was not part of the thanksgiving tradition)
So on my families Christmas trip to Arizona this year my daughter wants to see the 'moving' rocks at the Devils Race Track.
It will be interesting to see how the Acura MDX dose getting back there.

I bought the Fun Treks book as well before we went in 2012, it lines out 4 specific loops covering the main 275 mile P01 main loop. We followed it very closely and had a great time.

clayduster71

clayduster71

Sep 20, 2015
Jonesborough, TN
WeShipFloors.com
I've done the trip over 12 times since 1996. If anyone wants any info, send me a message.

If you do not want to stay in the campground, I highly recommend Moores Old Pine Inn across the street. It's a B&B that also has cabins. The owners Randy and Karen are awesome people (like everyone else in the town).

Like I stated, I've been there a bunch. This year, some people I met from Washington state recommended that we take a day trip down to the Pansaugunt trail which is right outside Bryce Canyon National Park (its a little over a hour south of Marysvale). WOW! You really need to ride this trail, the views are off the chart! I put a panoramic photo below of one of the overlooks.
Utah 17
Panaramic of outside bryce

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I've done the trip over 12 times since 1996. If anyone wants any info, send me a message.

If you do not want to stay in the campground, I highly recommend Moores Old Pine Inn across the street. It's a B&B that also has cabins. The owners Randy and Karen are awesome people (like everyone else in the town).

Like I stated, I've been there a bunch. This year, some people I met from Washington state recommended that we take a day trip down to the Pansaugunt trail which is right outside Bryce Canyon National Park (its a little over a hour south of Marysvale). WOW! You really need to ride this trail, the views are off the chart! I put a panoramic photo below of one of the overlooks.
View attachment 58808 View attachment 58809

Thanks for the info, with 4 national parks in such close proximity the scenery is guaranteed not to disappoint. Thanks for sharing.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!